Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't really care if you think I'm a b.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies
My niece was sent home from school yesterday throwing up with a fever. My SIL called me this morning asking if I could watch her, supposedly she's better but still running a fever so can't go to school. I told her no politely and she just flew off the wall. So I reminded her I have a 6 week old baby and a 4 year old in his third week of chemo, voluntarily bringing a sick child in my house is not the best thing. She hung up on me and is now ranting on FB about how family should help each other out and how she's probably going to be fired. (She's already missed 4 days of work this year). This from the woman that could not pick up our oldest child at the same school she was picking up her own child and take him to the same place she was dropping off her own child the day of my 4 year old's surgery.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MolsRN
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:39 PM
26 moms liked this
I'm with you on this one. No way would I allow a sick child In the vicinity of another child undergoing chemo and who likely has no immune system. She can get over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. She's nuts.
CaliBear8405
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:41 PM
Oh well. How fricken self absorbed can she possibly be??? Sorry, but not sorry I really wouldn't care if she got fired. She should take other people into consideration, especially in your case.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:41 PM
That's why parents have to have at least 3 backup plans. I think I've only missed work once for a sick kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:41 PM
12 moms liked this
I'm petty Betty. If she's ranting on fb check her and make her look like a fool. I would have said no too. She's an inconsiderate asshole for even asking
Thewife06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:42 PM
I can't believe she had the nerve to ask you!
Mom2theboy1994
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:42 PM
3 moms liked this
Regardless of history, what kind of dumb-ass suggests a sick child hang out with a child going through chemo?
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Post a picture of a mirror on her FB post.
kookiered79
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:43 PM
You did the right thing. In your circumstances it's obviously best not to compromise the well being of your children. I just can't believe that she would act like that! Sounds like it's time to distance yourself from her
mrsmom110
by NO on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Agreed.  Plus an infant.  I think she's nuts for even asking.

Quoting MolsRN: I'm with you on this one. No way would I allow a sick child In the vicinity of another child undergoing chemo and who likely has no immune system. She can get over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)