Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My stepdaughters aunt and uncle bought her a new car.

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:54 AM
  • 9 Replies

And I'm really happy for her. Her mother has been a drug addict for years and in and out of rehab so there was no way she was going to be able to do anything like this for her daughter. (Stepdaughters live with their grandmother, this was their choice over living with DH and I.)

DH and I have never been rich and we always knew we would not be able to buy cars for the girls. It sucks, but thats the way it is. Her aunt and uncle have money to spare and they wanted to do this for the girl. No one asked them to.

I do sorta feel bad we aren't able to buy cars for the kids, but oh well. Plenty of people are like us and simply cannot afford stuff like that. We pay child support, I pay for their cell phones, but we can't afford much else.

by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:57 AM
How awesome for her! I hope she enjoys it and drives safely.
simplemom
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:58 AM
That was very generous of them. I bet sd is super happy.
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:58 AM
How generous! Good for her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:59 AM

Okay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:59 AM

How awesome for her.

LadyEmris
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:00 PM
That's awesome for her!
sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:02 PM

She seems very happy. She deserves it, she's worked hard in school and is about to graduate.

Quoting simplemom: That was very generous of them. I bet sd is super happy.

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:02 PM
That's great!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:11 PM

It's nice of them to have been bought a car.

Quoting sarahfire:

And I'm really happy for her. Her mother has been a drug addict for years and in and out of rehab so there was no way she was going to be able to do anything like this for her daughter. (Stepdaughters live with their grandmother, this was their choice over living with DH and I.)

DH and I have never been rich and we always knew we would not be able to buy cars for the girls. It sucks, but thats the way it is. Her aunt and uncle have money to spare and they wanted to do this for the girl. No one asked them to.

I do sorta feel bad we aren't able to buy cars for the kids, but oh well. Plenty of people are like us and simply cannot afford stuff like that. We pay child support, I pay for their cell phones, but we can't afford much else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)