Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lasik?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:51 PM
  • 27 Replies

I am considering Lasik but would like to hear some opinions of people who have personally had it done...

Did it work? Was it worth it? How bad was your eyesight before? Anything really!!!

I am 28, have had glasses since middle school. My Rx is -3 in my left eye and -2.75 in my right eye. I want to say it started with -2 in both eyes but over time has gotten worse. At my last appointment my doctor mentioned astigmatism in my left eye. 

My parents both got Lasik but it was like 20 years ago. My mom wears reading glasses and my dad wears bifocals. So it wasnt all that sucsessful for them. 

by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarlove01
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:24 PM
I want to know too! Mine are both -4.75! I've heard good things, but that the aftercare is REALLY important and you need to get the whole package!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP for you.

CaliBear8405
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
No idea. Here's a bump
kman88
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:41 PM

Holy Moly!!! -4.75??? I think Im going to set up a couple free consultations to see what the doctors have to say... but I really want some personal experience opinions...

Quoting sarlove01: I want to know too! Mine are both -4.75! I've heard good things, but that the aftercare is REALLY important and you need to get the whole package!

CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:43 PM
I had it at about your age (I think I was 30). Prior to it I was BLIND AS A BAT. Like they'd have to hold the big "E" a foot from my face for me to see it clearly. It was VERY worth it for me.

I paid a LOT for it (I think like $5600). I'm 41 now and it's finally starting to give... however, my husband also got it about a decade ago and he still sees perfectly.

I'd still do it over again given the chance.
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:43 PM

My husband wants it done.  Insurance doesn't cover it so we have to pay and it's expensive.  I have a friend who is on Medicaid and I guess medicaid pays for it 

dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:44 PM
My eyes are -5 & -5.75 and I am dying to get it done. Gonna follow for advice.
kman88
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:48 PM

Doesnt look like my insurance will cover it either.. Medicaid covers so much its crazy!!! 

Quoting ReedusStalker:

My husband wants it done.  Insurance doesn't cover it so we have to pay and it's expensive.  I have a friend who is on Medicaid and I guess medicaid pays for it 

ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:49 PM
I know. I mean, it's not actually needed, you can live with glassea so I'm just shocked that it's being covered

Quoting kman88:

Doesnt look like my insurance will cover it either.. Medicaid covers so much its crazy!!! 

Quoting ReedusStalker:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:53 PM
I'm a -9 in one eye and a -9.25 in the other. I hate it.

I want lasik but I'm not sure I'm good candidate for it. Something about the depth of my cornea, maybe? I can't remember the reason exactly but last time I talked to my eye doctor he said I may not be a candidate but to look into it a bit more.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)