Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband got a vasectomy without permission

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
I just saw a postbox in Facebook where this lady is upset at her husband for getting a vasectomy without her ok. They had already discussed that they were done having kids and that they couldn't afford anymore. Their last baby was conceived while she was on the pill. He had discussed it with her before but she would never give her ok. I don't understand women like this. Maybe I'm missing the bigger picture here but I wouldn't be mad at my husband for doing something like that. This woman said that she has been avoiding him since Thursday and refusing to talk to him
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lukesmom2002
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:53 PM
9 moms liked this
It's his body and choice.
GLO682
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:53 PM
3 moms liked this

if they had already decided on not having any more kids, i don't see the problem. I would be thanking him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't understand that either. I would love it if DH would get one but he never would because he wants more kids. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish my dh would go get one!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:55 PM
Me too lol My husband is dragging his feet on getting one done.

Quoting GLO682:

if they had already decided on not having any more kids, i don't see the problem. I would be thanking him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:56 PM
That's all I kept thinking about. It's perfectly acceptable for a woman to do what she wants to her body but not a man?

Quoting lukesmom2002: It's his body and choice.
ilovemykids323
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:57 PM

hmmm i dunno. my sisters ex husband did almost hte smae thing. after there 2nd was born he went and had a vasectomy without ever talking to her about any of it. she wasn't done she would have loved to have one more he didn't care what she thought about any of it. :/ probably part of the reason they ended up divorcing.

now in this case they were both done sooo it sounds like maybe she was hoping for another oops??

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:58 PM

I see no problem with this at ALL.

I got a tubal, and my husband never even met the doctor!  It was outpatient surgery, he dropped me off, took the kids to preschool, then came back and got me - I was in the waiting area waiting for him.

Angel89411
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:58 PM
This. She has the right to leave if she doesn't like it but he made a choice with his body.

Quoting lukesmom2002: It's his body and choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:58 PM

It's his body and should be his choice. She of course doesn't have to stay with him, she has the right to feel pissed and to even divorce him if she wants to. That's HER body and HER feelings and she has the right to control them as well.

My dh's friend has 3 kids, he didn't even want them, but his wife runs the show. I mean literally, this guy is controlled by his wife and he has to allow it because lets face it, they have 3 kids, the lady owns him. He talked about a vasectomy once in front of us and she just got this horrible looking smile on her face before saying that she works in the medical field and knows that no doctor will touch him without her signature. She ended the convo by saying that they WILL be having more kids.

Yikes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)