Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are you mad at me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
We just moved this past weekend,so seeing as we didn't have internet yet we've been watching dvds(by we I mean my kids) on my husband's Xbox 360. I went to put a movie on for my son and it turned itself off because it got too hot. I told my husband and he got pissy with me like it's my fault. He's had the system for 4 years and never once cleaned the dust on the inside or anything,so it's not my fault it's not working! I don't even know how to clean the damn thing
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiafez
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:32 PM

were you able to get it working again?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:35 PM
He was probably annoyed about something else or he's one of those people who get stressed and annoyed very easily. I'm that way so I get it. It's not nice to get all pissy with you though.
GLO682
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:35 PM

men are moody sometimes.

i would just ignore him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:44 PM

No one that I know likes people watching DVD's on their video game console. Maybe that is why he was upset?

mrsmom110
by NO on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:49 PM

Nothing lasts forever.  It might just need a cleaning but more than likely, once it starts overheating, you will need to replace it.  Time to upgrade to the Xbox One.  

And he's probably stressed about the move and just being crabby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:49 PM

Xbox users (especially xbox 360 users) in my experience will get SUPER pissy about their game systems. We had roommates once ages ago that would literally curse and yell if we forgot to turn the system off before leaving the house, we only forgot ONCE, then when it died they blamed US but nevermind the fact their two year old was constantly leaving food and juice cups on it. 

MasonGsMomma
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:08 PM
My 360 just went up too. Sucks, lol. I have never cleaned mine either and I tried to figure out how to the other day to no avail. Will be replacing the old beaut asap 😥
K3412
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:10 PM
Sounds like it's a stressful time. Tension can run high when things are stressful. Sure it's not logically your fault, but people don't ways react exactly perfectly. I would give him a break and move on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:23 PM

He should be mad at himself. He should have been cleaning it. He should not have allowed movies to be watched on it unless it was clean.

Quoting Anonymous 1: We just moved this past weekend,so seeing as we didn't have internet yet we've been watching dvds(by we I mean my kids) on my husband's Xbox 360. I went to put a movie on for my son and it turned itself off because it got too hot. I told my husband and he got pissy with me like it's my fault. He's had the system for 4 years and never once cleaned the dust on the inside or anything,so it's not my fault it's not working! I don't even know how to clean the damn thing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:27 PM
For like 10 mins and then it cut itself off again :/

Quoting tiafez:

were you able to get it working again?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)