Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you did for one you have to for the others.

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:03 PM
  • 15 Replies
My oldest dd is 5 1/2 (6 in July) and middle is 3 1/2 (4 in May). Oldest is in kindergarten and youngest is in preschool. We enrolled my oldest in the kindergarten at the preschool she went to and sis is going to instead of sending her to public school. Why? Because honestly, it's easier for me to drop and pick up kids from one place instead of 2. It's a good program and I've been happy with it.

When our middle DD goes to Kingergarden, our youngest will then be in preschool. So I was talking to my mom as to whether at that time I'll keep Alexa (middle DD) in the kindergarten there too, or have her to the public school since her older sister will be there. At this point I'll have kids in 2 schools either way so that doesn't matter and it would save a significant amount of money to not have to pay for it. I also said that Talia (youngest) will definitely go to the kindergarten at the public school so again I'd have all 3 together both making it easier and saving money.

My mom says if I had oldest DD go to the "private" kindergarten I should do the same for the younger girls. Why give her better then them? Dude. Is kindergarten. The public schools in our town are very very good. That's part of why we moved here. They will all still be getting a good education. I don't think in 20 years my kids will look back and feel slighted that 1 child had private kindergarten and the others didn't. I went to public school kindergarten lol! So I don't know where her silly opinion is coming from. Is it just me or doesn't my plan make total sense both logistically and financially?
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:21 PM
In this case I don't think you have to do it. It would be one thing if you were sending the the one to private school because of the better education but that's not the case it's just more convenient.
Sparkler16
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:23 PM
Absolutely. That would be very different.

Quoting SAHMJC: In this case I don't think you have to do it. It would be one thing if you were sending the the one to private school because of the better education but that's not the case it's just more convenient.
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:23 PM
Your mom is wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:24 PM

You do what works best for you and your family.  Your mom's opinion doesn't matter at all.

Sat.Wed
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:25 PM
Your thinking is good mom is wrong
Sparkler16
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:27 PM
I know. My husband says he doesn't even know why I tel her things. She's very opinionated and get annoyed when I don't take her suggestions or do what she thinks I should. Then I get annoyed. He says there's no reason to even discuss certain things with her and if I do just say this is what we are doing and it's not up for discussion.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

You do what works best for you and your family.  Your mom's opinion doesn't matter at all.

rebeccasmommy09
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:56 PM
I did what you are planning (except my oldest dd moved when she started kindergarten and my youngest dd moved schools for pre-k4). It has worked out well for us. I'm hoping to start ds in a pre-k program next year if our new area offers it and my girls will be in public school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:59 PM

Agree with you.

So worried this was going to be one of those I bought one kid new clothes, and the other is a selfish brat, do I have to buy the nasty one new clothes?  LOL!

StarLight23
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh please! It's kindergarten! It's not like they will remember it very well. They won't care what school they went to. If I asked a 16 year old if he cared where he went to kindergarten, you'd probably get a shrug of the shoulders and say So? He's not going to care!

The kids are not going to care! Your mom is so WRONG it's ridiculous.

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:02 PM
Eh, it's not a big deal either way IMO. You do what works for your family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)