Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you go to this store again.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I always shop at shop rite. They have organic fruits and veggies and a lot of other organic products. I really like the store, they have all I need. I always go to self check, because of the personal issues (I get very uncomfortable around people....etc). It's always a problem with their "machine". Always tells me to take out I scanned items (which is not true) and the lady have to come over and scans her store card.

Couple of days ago I was there again and "the lady" came and stood by me, almost hovering me. She started asking me if I paid for items an the bottom of the cart. When I said, not yet she replied: "and please don't forget". When I was done I said thank you to her, but she didn't answer and went to her stationery.

Now I need to do shooing again and not sure if I should come in. On one hand, I think I shouldn't care what she thinks and do what's best for me, on the other hand, I feel uncomfortable.

Whould you shop there again?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:25 PM
Honestly, this sounds like a "you" problem, not a "she was wrong" problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:26 PM
Sounds like they have a problem with shoplifting. And she's doing her job get over it.

You need to get help if you can't even go through a check out line.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. You're making too much of this. Just do your shopping.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:30 PM

I would. The lady at Walgreens annoys me and is slow as molasses but I still go there because it's close. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:31 PM

what

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:31 PM
Hi linda
raggedpoppy0
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:31 PM
I would think it would be easier to just go through a regular checkout line next time than to deal with the self-checkout messing up and the lady thinking you're shop lifting.

And yes, I would still shop there.
carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

She was just doing her job. Some people truly do forget to scan those items, lots of others try and steal. It was a nice way of saying she saw you had those items and wanted to make sure you paid for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:34 PM

I get where you are coming from but I would eventually go back.  I might take a break and go somewhere else for a few weeks, but I have alternative stores here and don't know your situation.

mrsmom110
by NO on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:34 PM

Agreed

Quoting carterscutie85:

She was just doing her job. Some people truly do forget to scan those items, lots of others try and steal. It was a nice way of saying she saw you had those items and wanted to make sure you paid for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)