Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Her loss IS my gain!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I met my DH 9 yrs ago. He had been separated from his ex for 8 months. She dumped him a week before their wedding because she felt like she could do better. She packed up her ds (who DH adopted) and his dd, and after 7 yrs together, she moved the kids to a new city.

My DH couldn't handle being an eow dad. He needed to see his kids as much as possible. So, he followed her to the city. He left his dream job working with writers for a publication company and took a job at kfc until he found something better. Which he did a month or so later.

DH and I met and were pretty inseparable from day 1. I had that minera iud but it shifted inside of me and did not prevent me from becoming pregnant in our first year together.

Shortly after finding out I was pregnant, BM decided to move a felon she was writing into her home with her kids. DH lost his shit but there was nothing he really could do. That felon ended up being extremely abusive and DH landed up taking custody of the 2 kids.

He was a hot mess. Like beyond a mess. He ended up dumping me while I was pregnant to get his head straight. We spent a solid year apart.

In that time, BM got rid of her abuser. DH kept custody of the kids but she was over there a lot to help him. Closer to the end of our year apart, DH and BM rekindled a brief relationship.

Meanwhile, I gave birth to our dd. I was a single parent. I went back to work and kept my baby well fed and clothed. I met another man who adored my tiny baby and was good to me. I was still very hurt that I was dumped while pregnant but came to terms with it. DH would come see the baby often and was a great dad to her but it killed him that I had already found someone else.

Close to the end of our 1 yr apart, DH showed up at my door after our dd was asleep with flowers and candy, crying that he made the biggest mistake of his life. We talked a lot. The next day, we both ended our relationships with other people and have been together ever since.

Our dd is now 8. We have a home together, other children, and a beautiful marriage. BM and I get along beautifully. She is now married to an elementary school teacher and we all get along incredibly well. She and I text each other. We don't have a shit ton of drama.

Her marriage is collapsing though and she is constantly saying how dumping my DH was the biggest mistake she's ever made. She has told us both that she's very jealous of our marriage and wishes she and DH can be back together. She is always phishing me for issues I have with DH. I definitely keep the woman at arms length; we get along great and are 'friends' but not real friends, you know what I mean!

Anyways, after all of this, my confession is that I have to bite my tongue a lot with her. It may be childish but I do believe she was a moron to dump him. He is a wonderful man. And he's mine so nah nah na boogers! lol
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GLO682
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:27 PM

if i understand correctly he left her for you with flowers at hand right?

so basically she didnt dump him the second time.

anyhow sounds like a clusterfuck.

glad you're happy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:30 PM
Yes, you're correct. She did dump him though before he met me. One week from their wedding. And she did nothing to deal with the wedding costs. DH ended up having to pay for the big wedding she wanted on his own. It wiped out his savings. She took their entire wedding fund when she left and paid for nothing at all.

Yes, it was a cluster fuck to start with. But it all worked out in the end. He says her leaving him was the best thing that ever happened to him. Bullet dodged.

Quoting GLO682:

if i understand correctly he left her for you with flowers at hand right?

so basically she didnt dump him the second time.

anyhow sounds like a clusterfuck.

glad you're happy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

yay,you won a wishy washy guy!! yay you!!you go glenn coco,you go!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:32 PM
Yep, you have a winbwr! Lol!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:33 PM
So she left him took his kids out of state made it so if he wanted to be an active and involved father he had to leave his dream job and move meta felon who abused her and maybe the kids I don't know you weren't clear on that. Then he met you and yalls relationship was so great that he left you while you were pregnant to get back with her. He left you to raise your child on your own while he was raising kids he has with her one of whom isn't even his biological child. Then he was so sure that their relationship was a mistake that he came to you to make sure that you would take him back before breaking up with her. Because let's be clear here if you had said no he would have stayed with her. Otherwise he would have ended the relationship first. You are the second choice. So I hope you and your second choice child enjoy him
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:34 PM
Blah blah blah.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:34 PM
Meh. He was wishy washy for a brief period. But has turned into a devoted loving husband and father who works hard to provide us with an incredible life. Plus, he's legitimately my best friend. We are so madly in love that it's sickening. Life is good! And BM was a fool.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

yay,you won a wishy washy guy!! yay you!!you go glenn coco,you go!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:36 PM

made for tv movie script?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:37 PM
Not sure where you got second choice out of the mix. He could have stayed with her and paid child support for our dd. She'd have stayed with him indefinitely.

Quoting Anonymous 4: So she left him took his kids out of state made it so if he wanted to be an active and involved father he had to leave his dream job and move meta felon who abused her and maybe the kids I don't know you weren't clear on that. Then he met you and yalls relationship was so great that he left you while you were pregnant to get back with her. He left you to raise your child on your own while he was raising kids he has with her one of whom isn't even his biological child. Then he was so sure that their relationship was a mistake that he came to you to make sure that you would take him back before breaking up with her. Because let's be clear here if you had said no he would have stayed with her. Otherwise he would have ended the relationship first. You are the second choice. So I hope you and your second choice child enjoy him
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:37 PM
No kidding

Quoting Anonymous 6:

made for tv movie script?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)