Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your husband was vehemently opposed to something would you still do it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

What if it was something regarding your kids like playing football?

what if it was your very involved ex husband?

If it was regarding you and minor and something he felt was in your best interest?

My husband doesn't like me going to one particular mall on my own.  It's had a lot of crime.  I don't really want to go either but there is one place that is only there.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:40 PM
Yes, I "defied" my ex husband a lot and it really groveled him
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:43 PM

I would because I know he would as well. We're to independent to care I guess. 

Zengirl79
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:43 PM
3 moms liked this

No if my husband was vehemently opposed to something there would be a solid reason as to why.  His opinion matters to me.  If it didn't, I would not be with him.

Traci_Momof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on what it is and the circumstances around it.  But my husband wouldn't oppose me doing something without really good reason, so I would trust his judgement and take his opposition into consideration before making my decision.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:46 PM

My husband doesn't tell me what to do.  But he does ask that i not go to that mall on my own if I can help it  lots of car jackings and muggings.  

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes, I "defied" my ex husband a lot and it really groveled him

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:46 PM
Depends. My ex was opposed to a lot of things. I cut my hair to chin length and he didn't speak to me for 3 days. I did it again the day after we decided to divorce.
Saphira1207
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:48 PM

It would depend on what it was and if his reasons were logical/rational or simply an emotional response to something he didn't like.

MonarchMom22
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:48 PM

My husband and I are in synch on most issues.  If he was very opposed, I would have to understand why and very likely would respect his judgement.  That said, it has never happened in 30 years and he does not try to control me in any way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:48 PM
No. I wouldn't. Men biologically NEED respect, so I give him that. He would have his reasons, I'm sure, and I would listen.
MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:51 PM

Lol.

Men don't biologically "need" respect. 

Quoting Anonymous 5: No. I wouldn't. Men biologically NEED respect, so I give him that. He would have his reasons, I'm sure, and I would listen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)