Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i would apologize to you but you're a dick.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 80 Replies

I live on top of a hill. my neighbor lives on top of another hill right across from me. I have a Maine coon and a savannah cat(as well as 2 dogs but they aren't part of the story). the Maine coon is a house cat and the savannah has an enclosure outside with a heater to keep her warm, I put her out there when I go to work. anyway so for the last 2 weeks my neighbor has been coming over every other day saying my cat was on her property. I would go out and check the enclosure and there was no way I could see that she could escape. my neighbor started getting more and more pissy with me each time she came over so I put a camera up facing the enclosure. yesterday when my neighbor came over she started cussing that my cat was over at her house again and killed one of her chickens, she then threatened to kill my cat and show my children if I let it happen again. I looked at the camera after she left and my cat had been escaping through the top. idk how she got back in though because she had to push from the inside to get out.

I would apologize but you threatened to kill my animal and show my children. I now have half a mind to bring my grandparent's wolf dog up here and let him run loose to kill the rest of your animals *shrugs*

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:54 PM
Interesting. Can I see a picture of your cat enclosure?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:55 PM

its covered in snow right now. when i clear it off I'll try to get a picture.

Quoting LilysMama719: Interesting. Can I see a picture of your cat enclosure?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:58 PM

And then what will happen

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Go get the dog kill them and then she can sue you for the value. At this point you need to fix the enclosure and replace the chicken. If you don't then she has every right to kill your cat or the dog in most places too protect her animals.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:59 PM

this is what it looks like. like I said its covered in snow so i cant get a good picture of it right now. its by trixie brand or something like that.

Quoting LilysMama719: Interesting. Can I see a picture of your cat enclosure?

kgsharber
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:00 PM
3 moms liked this
Can you blame her? Your animal actually did kill hers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:00 PM

and if she kills my cat I can sue her for her value which is much more than her chickens. about 5k more than her chickens.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Go get the dog kill them and then she can sue you for the value. At this point you need to fix the enclosure and replace the chicken. If you don't then she has every right to kill your cat or the dog in most places too protect her animals.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't come off well in this story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:02 PM

can I blame her for being a dick? yes, yes I can. I'm never home when this happens so how exactly would I know it was happening? it's not like i let my cat out randomly to let her roam. she's in an enclosure.

Quoting kgsharber: Can you blame her? Your animal actually did kill hers.

brysonsmommy_10
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:02 PM
I mean, I understand her frustration. She told you what was happening, but you just knew there was no way and now her animals are dead. I think threatening to show your children was overkill, but she would have been completely within her rights to kill an animal that was killing hers. You definitely owe her an apology, both because her animals are dead and because you basically called her a liar.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)