Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It will arrive in time right?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Just looking for reassurance, no real other purpose.

I'm in a wedding this spring of a very dear friend. I ordered the dress she picked out as soon as she decided on it. Everyone's is different. I'm pretty sure it's coming from China and the month long delivery estimate goes up until two days before the wedding. Even then I'm worried it won't get delivered by then, or that it won't fit and come too late to really be able to do anything.

Does anyone have any success stories of ordering clothing from China and the shipping times and clothing? Or funny stories about a last minutes bridesmaid dress situation ? It's not something I would ordinarily do, and it's stressing me out! I haven't told the bride that it could be close.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:20 PM
I have ordered a few things from China. The delivery date was always a month out. I have received them within two weeks.
Raindancerx
by October on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:22 PM

I have gotten things I ordered from china faster than things I ordered from the US. I'm sure it will be fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:22 PM

I'd look for a backup just in case. I'm sure it will come though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:55 PM

Ugh, I don't even know how I would go about finding a backup. The parameters are super specific and I've never seen anything in store that would work. I hope it will come in time! and that it will fit.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:57 PM
I have had things come before the earliest expected date from China and I've had things come on month after. That would definitely make me nervous and I think that if it didn't come a week before the wedding I would probably see about getting a new dress
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:58 PM
What exactly do you have to have?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Ugh, I don't even know how I would go about finding a backup. The parameters are super specific and I've never seen anything in store that would work. I hope it will come in time! and that it will fit.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:59 PM

Oh geeze. That's disheartening. I don't think I could get a replacement in a week. I've never seen anything that would "pass" in stores anywhere. Now I'm freaking out about the impossibility of getting a replacement. :(

Quoting SAHMJC: I have had things come before the earliest expected date from China and I've had things come on month after. That would definitely make me nervous and I think that if it didn't come a week before the wedding I would probably see about getting a new dress
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:01 PM

It's supposed to be floor length with upper lace detail and a chiffon skirt, T-back, in peach.

Quoting bmw29: What exactly do you have to have?
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:05 PM
If everyone's dress is different just see if she will pick a back up just in case.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

It's supposed to be floor length with upper lace detail and a chiffon skirt, T-back, in peach.

Quoting bmw29: What exactly do you have to have?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:10 PM
I ordered my wedding dress from China. Custom made to my size... I needed quite a few alterations.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)