Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you pay?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
My SS15's BM was having some financing trouble a couple of years ago. At the end of 8th grade the kids always go on a camping trip. She came to me and asked me to pay for the trip. Our agreement as ladies was that when it was time for SD to go she would pay it.

We agreed and I saved the emails and wrote the check.

Well now its time for SD to go and BM is refusing to pay it in full or even half. She said that she never expected to have such expense with SS being in football and she just cant afford 1/2 of those expenses AND SD's trip. Amd that I tied her hands when I agreed to 1/2 of football because now hes already involved and she cant back out.

She said if I want SD to take the 8th grade trip I have to pay for it.

BM and I work these things out because of extinuating circumstances where their father can't participate. Not going into details.

What would you do?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:14 PM
If you can afford it, pay for it. Why should SD suffer because her mom's a cunt.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Wait....What?  You wrote the check, you did pay for it.  So she wants you to pay for it again?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:16 PM
If you have the money I would pay, but I would be pissed!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:16 PM
Do you want the child to go to camp? If so pay for it, not the kids fault the mom is an asshole.
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Can you pay for it and take her to small claims court?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:17 PM
I paid for SS to go in 2015. Now its SD's turn. Usually these things are done 50/50 but she couldn't afford her half of SS going so I covered it. She agreed to pay for SD to go.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Wait....What?  You wrote the check, you did pay for it.  So she wants you to pay for it again?

caustinb
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:17 PM
I'd pay it. I wouldn't let the kid suffer because their mom sucks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:18 PM

I wouldn't pay for anyone but my own children but that's why I'm not cut out to be a step mom so here's a bump. 

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:19 PM

Oh I get it now.

I probably would pay for it, but I wouldn't be happy about it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I paid for SS to go in 2015. Now its SD's turn. Usually these things are done 50/50 but she couldn't afford her half of SS going so I covered it. She agreed to pay for SD to go.
Quoting corticosteroid:

Carmel63
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:19 PM
I would probably pay for it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)