Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did my dh steal my identity?!

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:17 PM
  • 119 Replies
Well well well... turns out that dh applied for a credit card under my name without consulting me first! What the hell dude? He did it on Valentine's Day (go figure) and I just found out today that's because he was asking me to apply and I responded with "I never get approved plus I don't want to yet". He says "you can get approved, I know." This went on for a little while until he finally told me that he submitted an application but "he wasn't sure if I had been approved" like the online application doesn't tell you right away...
After running all of our errands we stop by the mailbox and sure enough there is my card and he just giggles. I'm so annoyed. We really wanted the card to buy parts for both vehicles but I decided I didn't want that debt and I'm focusing on getting rid of some bills (like paying of phones and furniture) before adding another cc payment. What annoys me the most is that this guy isn't even working. Like how the guck are you expecting to help me pay for it? So you just want all the money you can get, spend it and then leave me with the debt?? He already messed up his credit and now is coming after mine??
Oh my god the list goes on and on like he doesn't help around the house and just so much more. I really would hate a break up right now when I am doing so much with myself but I can't take anymore of this stress he keeps giving me. He's changed all of a sudden and idk what else to say to this man. What do you think?
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:34 PM
10 moms liked this
It sounds like he is using you.He doesn't have a job and then he goes and gets a CC in your name,good thing you checked the mailbox!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:36 PM
3 moms liked this
He sounds like a loser, user, piece of shit.
simplemom
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Make sure he doesn't get ahold of the card.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Dump his sorry ass.
BabiiYarellie
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:41 PM
That's what I told him today. He's been building me up to go ape shit on him these past weeks. He's been working on and off and it bothers me because I'm so hard at work and want to advance to the next level and get my life together. He's always been this way too but all of a sudden he stops? That was a huge douche move and idk if he would've ever told me about the card if the convo hadn't happened. I am currently not talking to him because I can feel myself getting old and wrinkled from all this stress. I am starting to hate him and I don't want to because I love him. I just don't understand the change and the "I give up" attitude he's carrying.

Quoting Anonymous 2: He sounds like a loser, user, piece of shit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:42 PM
6 moms liked this

Your dh did steal your identity. He should not have sent an application in with your information on it for a credit card. He wants to use your credit and then have you pay back all of the debt. Call the credit card company and let them know that you received a credit card but that you did not apply for one.

Quoting BabiiYarellie: Well well well... turns out that dh applied for a credit card under my name without consulting me first! What the hell dude? He did it on Valentine's Day (go figure) and I just found out today and that's because he was asking me to apply and I responded with "I never get approved plus I don't want to yet". He says "you can get approved, I know." And it went on for a little until he told me that he submitted an application. After running all of our errands we stop by the mailbox and sure enough there is my card and he just giggles. I'm so annoyed. We really wanted the card to buy car parts for both vehicles but I decided I didn't want that debt and I'm focusing on getting rid of some bills (like paying of phones and furniture) before adding another cc payment. What annoys me the most is that this guy isn't even working. Like how the guck are you expecting to help me pay for it? So you just want all the money you can get spend it and then leave me with the debt?? He already messed up his credit and now is coming after mine?? Oh my god the list goes on and on like he doesn't help around the house and just so much more. I really would hate a break up right now when I am doing so much with myself but I can't take anymore of this stress he keeps giving me. He's changed all of a sudden and idk what else to say to this man. What do you think?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:42 PM
9 moms liked this

I would put a freeze on your credit reports so he can't open any more cards., 2nd I would dump his ass after telling him I would turn him into the police for forgery & fraud... call the credit card company & explain you didn't authorize or apply for the card also; what if he ordered 2 and has one in his possession?

BabiiYarellie
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:45 PM
Lmao that's a good one!

Quoting Anonymous 5:

I would put a freeze on your credit reports so he can't open any more cards., 2nd I would dump his ass after telling him I would turn him into the police for forgery & fraud... call the credit card company & explain you didn't authorize or apply for the card also; what if he ordered 2 and has one in his possession?

BabiiYarellie
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:46 PM
That's very true. He's been my dh for almost 10 years so I wasn't sure how to react to this. I just have no idea what he was thinking.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

Topaz2
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 4:54 PM
4 moms liked this

Forget calling the credit card company, call the police and kick his ass to the curb!!!!  You now know what he did, and by doing nothing, you are allowing him to do it again and again.  If you try to take him to court at a later date, he will say, "well she didn't mind last time" and the judge will laugh at you.  What he did was illegal, as well as immoral, this is not the sort of person you need in your life.  YOU deserve better!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)