Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG, that was so delicious!

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:09 PM
  • 11 Replies
So I tried spaghetti squash last night. The recipe said to roast it and then toss it in a pan with butter, garlic and Parmesan. It was ok but not spectacular. However I had a lot left over and this afternoon I tossed it in a pan with butter, garlic, chopped mini sweet peppers and chopped up zucchini (it's what I had on hand people), fried it a bit and and put just a sprinkling of Parmesan over it. Then topped it with spaghetti sauce (admittedly from a jar). OMG it was soooo much better. In fact it was so delicious. Why didn't anyone tell me about this stuff before πŸ˜‚?

Ok, they probably did and I didn't listen lol. The real question is why did I wait until I was an old fart before trying some of this stuff? πŸ˜‰
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:35 PM

Quoting bleumonster: So I tried spaghetti squash last night. The recipe said to roast it and then toss it in a pan with butter, garlic and Parmesan. It was ok but not spectacular. However I had a lot left over and this afternoon I tossed it in a pan with butter, garlic, chopped mini sweet peppers and chopped up zucchini (it's what I had on hand people), fried it a bit and and put just a sprinkling of Parmesan over it. Then topped it with spaghetti sauce (admittedly from a jar). OMG it was soooo much better. In fact it was so delicious. Why didn't anyone tell me about this stuff before πŸ˜‚? Ok, they probably did and I didn't listen lol. The real question is why did I wait until I was an old fart before trying some of this stuff? πŸ˜‰

Spaghetti squash cooked correctly is delicious.

tiffluv81
by BBW on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:39 PM

to bad I have no clue about that. Glad it turned out great. I would love to try it now.

GreenFlamingo1
by β˜†β˜†ECHOβ˜†β˜† on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:41 PM
I've never had it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:42 PM
I love spaghetti squash.
SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:47 PM
I'm ok with spaghetti squash but I prefer zucchini noodles with meatballs and marinara.
Noneya73
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:50 PM
I had it recently baked with cherry tomatoes, black olives and I think a little bit of kale. It was pretty yummy.
Trouser.Mouse
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:51 PM
I prefer the zucchini noodles, too.

Quoting SergeantSausage: I'm ok with spaghetti squash but I prefer zucchini noodles with meatballs and marinara.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:54 PM
I love it with evoo, garlic and Parmesan cheese

Here is a link for other recipes
http://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/g2682/spaghetti-squash-recipes/?slide=1
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:46 PM
I really like zucchini but I have never tried it that way.

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: I prefer the zucchini noodles, too.

Quoting SergeantSausage: I'm ok with spaghetti squash but I prefer zucchini noodles with meatballs and marinara.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:47 PM
That sounds pretty good.

Quoting Noneya73: I had it recently baked with cherry tomatoes, black olives and I think a little bit of kale. It was pretty yummy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)