Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm cheating.. On bf (breasfeeding)

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:10 PM
  • 19 Replies
I give my 4mo formula at night and she sleeps through the night. Just 4oz. She eats breastmilk all the other time.

I feel like I'm cheating because I'm in this bf support group and all the women there are very much into bf. I know they would give me side eye if I told them.

Its almost like a cult where women worship their breastmilk. Tandem feed their toddlers and babies and are super into it.

I've always found the whole thing a little gross. I want my breasts back. The fun breasts that doesn't make juice and leak all the time.

Of course i recognize the benifit my baby gets so I will continue to pump til she is around 18 months. I like how much money we save and that she already has resisted colds.

It's my mundane posts of the day. Feel free not to replay if it's too boring.
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:11 PM
Meh. I pumped and bottle for an assortment of reasons. Idgaf as long as you feed your child.
MrsBieg
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:15 PM

That's the exact advice the pedi gave my mom 46 years ago.  It makes so much sense to do it that way!

Don't text and drive.  

mary716
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:17 PM
I said fuck breastfeeding after three days and switched to all formula with my youngest lol. My older two were also formula fed. I see nothing wrong with it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:19 PM

Lol at "fun breasts that doesn't make milk" - those breasts are gone.

Your baby isn't sleeping because of the formula, though. You just got lucky enough to have a baby who sleeps through the night. You could nurse her or feed her expressed milk, she'd still sleep through the night. 

Euroinus
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:39 PM
Formula is more filling. She does wake up every 3 hours If it's just breastmilk milk. Formula keeps her sleeping.

I suppose some babies still wake up even formula fed.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Lol at "fun breasts that doesn't make milk" - those breasts are gone.

Your baby isn't sleeping because of the formula, though. You just got lucky enough to have a baby who sleeps through the night. You could nurse her or feed her expressed milk, she'd still sleep through the night. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:40 PM
My kids didn't take to the breast. I pumped and supplemented with formula.
AmiJanell
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:42 PM

I combo fed both of my kids.... I always say, it does NOT have to be all or nothing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:43 PM
We used formula and breastmilk, you do what you need to.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:45 PM
My best experience and longest at over 2 1/2 years was with no support at all.

Edit to add do not worry about how others perceive your parental choices. Do what works for you! Congratulations too!!
AllieReed
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:46 PM
I did the same. It's ok!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)