Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can you marry someone you don't know?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
A coworker of mine is getting married and she's super excited, which is 100% expected. But her marriage was arranged. She is from Bangladesh and hasn't even met the guy yet. I'd be freaking terrified!!!! I know anything can happen in any marriage but to not even have met the guy? Yikes!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:13 PM
I didn't know DH, we've been married 26 years
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:13 PM

I don't understand it either. But arranged marriages tend to do well, and all parties are usually happy. Not my place to judge.

My old coworker had an arranged marriage that she didn't want. THAT I find fucked up.

FromAtoZ
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:14 PM

It's the culture, the way they are raised.  They often times know nothing else.

It certainly would not work for me but it isn't something I can really judge........it's so far removed from our own reality.

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:15 PM
Meh. I knew my husband four months. Long enough
CaliBear8405
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:16 PM
It's what they know and have learned in their upbringing.

On another note, have you seen that show, Married at First Sight??? I got sooo addicted.
mamaracheli
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:17 PM
My marriage was arranged for the most part. I saw my husband three times during our engagement, so at least I met him lol. We were strangers when we married and I was excited about the ceremony but sooooo scared about what was going to happen after!
SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:17 PM
It's their culture. When dh worked in Iowa he worked with a woman whose marriage was arranged. She found it odd we married for love and asked a bunch of questions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:18 PM

I couldn't do it but I respect (almost) all cultures and traditions.

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:18 PM

I married my husband 28 days after meeting him.

I knew him more than my fiance of four years. If people aren't honest you only know that part of the person, not the real person. The real person can come out 15 years later, kwim?

We decided to just skip dating, lol. But I would have had to meet him in person first. You can be the perfect compatibility yet have absolutely no spark.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:19 PM

Who arranged it?

Did you guys have sex right away?

When did you know you loved him?

If these questions are too intrusive ease ignore.

Quoting mamaracheli: My marriage was arranged for the most part. I saw my husband three times during our engagement, so at least I met him lol. We were strangers when we married and I was excited about the ceremony but sooooo scared about what was going to happen after!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)