Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this to much to ask?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

I'm a dog trainer. in my older classes, I specifically say the older dogs have to be socialized/dog friendly or i can decide to kick you out of the class. in the puppy classes, we socialize before training. anyway someone signed up for the older class and she had a muzzle on the dog and he lunged at every single dog in the class. I told her to leave and she wouldn't be getting a refund either because I expect the older dogs to be social. I also said that I could train her dog at her home if she needed but he was not allowed in my classes.

is it too much to ask? really is it? shelters require dogs be social before you can adopt them so why shouldn't it be the same for training classes? I already spend 12 hours on the weekends socializing dogs at the shelters, I don't need to attempt to do it in an hour class when my attention will be on your dog because you couldn't properly socialize him.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:51 PM

I don't think so.  Makes sense to me.  Why would you bring a dog who hasn't been socialized around a bunch of other dogs?  That's just asking for trouble.  If a person needs help socializing then they can have one on one classes with a trainer.  Not in a group.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:52 PM
Your business....Your rules
AllieReed
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:52 PM
Not at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:52 PM

exactly and I even advertise that. its rare when someone actually does it though.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I don't think so.  Makes sense to me.  Why would you bring a dog who hasn't been socialized around a bunch of other dogs?  That's just asking for trouble.  If a person needs help socializing then they can have one on one classes with a trainer.  Not in a group.

Catherinesmom12
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:52 PM
I'd refund her. Or give half the amount of lessons she bought at her house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:53 PM

I'm not going to refund someone who deliberately ignored what my site says.

Quoting Catherinesmom12: I'd refund her. Or give half the amount of lessons she bought at her house.

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:54 PM

i'd give her the money back. but that's me.

iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:54 PM
I would not refund her either. To many people think rules don't apply to them.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Catherinesmom12: I'd refund her. Or give half the amount of lessons she bought at her house.

Catherinesmom12
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:54 PM
You asked. I answered.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:55 PM

I'm not going to refund something that in bright red letters on my website. read everything or suffer losing $150

Quoting mojogirl:

i'd give her the money back. but that's me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)