Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Confession...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I have a friend of 10 years I love her dearly.She invited me over to her home for some girl time, which is normal. However her husband is usually pretty nice, I have noticed that on one occasion he nags about EVERYTHING! He seems to nag about everything that she does. So she told me that shes planning on divorcing him because hes been doing this for the past two years and that its getting worse. She said they have been to counseling and he will stop for a minute. However, I gave her my opinion that when she does leave make sure she moves when hes not home for safety purposes. Anyways I feel that I should have not said that because I want to be here for her to talk to. Do you feel I was out of line? And do you feel that constantly nagging someone about petty things is a mental disorder because that's what I feel when she told me how he complains about trivial things that have no substance.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
simplemom
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 7:41 PM
What is he nagging about?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 7:41 PM
She probably didn't tell you EVERYTHING. Just be there for her, she needs someone to talk to and support her decisions
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this
If it's a mental disorder then my husband has it too. Just bitches constantly about anything and everything I do or don't do. It's irritating.
FromAtoZ
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 7:43 PM

I would be there for my friend but stay out of it otherwise. There are always two sides to every story and the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 7:53 PM
She is an at home mom, and honestly her home is spotless. She says that if one of the kids toys is in the middle of the floor he complains about for 10 mins. She says that if there is one spoon in the sink he questions her about why its there. She says instead of him coming home to a clean home and having a hot meal hes fixated one something out of place. I personally think that this is a controlling behavior, I just dont think that he respects her to always focus on silly things.

Quoting simplemom: What is he nagging about?
lovingladyo4
by on Feb. 22, 2017 at 9:27 AM

There must be so much more to this story than you are able to share here, and yet you do mention a few key components that help explain her situation; nagging, divorce, mental disorder, and safety. I think your statement to her was your honest opinion and spoken out of genuine concern. If you are good friends and have a trusting relationship, then she probably knows your heart and why you would say something like that. Sounds to me you are on the outside looking in, and that your observation was shared because you love her. 

Who is to say whether he has a mental disorder. It may appear that way, but until he is diagnosed by a professional, he may just be a very unhappy person on the inside. He may deal with numerous conflicting emotions inside his own heart and is incapable of being the husband she desperately needs. 

Maybe the door will open up sometime soon for you to discuss this with your friend. After 10 years of friendship, she must know you pretty well, and will be able to listen to what you have to say.

I hope some of this helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)