Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did your daughter start shaving her legs?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies
I was in 3rd grade and snuck and did it bc older girls i played basketball with did.

My dd is only 5 and i would hope she'd not even ask to until middle school lol but im just curious when other moms let their daughters ?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:58 PM
She came home from a friend's house with her legs shaved in 4th grade. No biggie. Now that she's a senior, I swear it takes her BF or me to tease her about her needing to shave (jokingly). It's bad when all the cheerleaders are stunting and they comment on each other's pits.
RoseChampagne
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:58 PM

Her BM is letting her and she just turned 10. She has super blonde leg hair and in my opinion, it is unnecessary and way too soon. We are already struggling with her thinking she is an adult. If it was my choice I would have waited another two years or more.

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:59 PM

My oldest hasn't even ask or does. She is 13 years old. I have told her when she is ready to let me know and I will show her what to do. We will see when all my girls decide to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:00 PM
12. She asked, I said sure.
MrsBieg
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:00 PM
2 moms liked this
This is an issue that I don't understand at all. Girls should start shaving exactly when they want to. There's not a single good reason to try and control this.

Don't text and drive.  

Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:02 PM

My almost 17-year-old started shaving at age 11.  My almost-11-year-old will probably start soon too as she has very hairy legs.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:02 PM
2 weeks ago... she's 11
BREN_da
by Brenda on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:02 PM
Either 11 or 12.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:03 PM
Oh honey, you're new here. Good luck with this comment.

Quoting RoseChampagne:

Her BM is letting her and she just turned 10. She has super blonde leg hair and in my opinion, it is unnecessary and way too soon. We are already struggling with her thinking she is an adult. If it was my choice I would have waited another two years or more.

kenoss19
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:03 PM

She was 9. She had very thick leg hair, and some boys teased her at the pool. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)