Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This man invented a really questionable way for women to deal with their periods

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:11 PM
  • 117 Replies

Mobile Photo

This man invented a really questionable way for women to deal with their periods

"Even though it’s a natural bodily function, we can probably all agree that experiencing pesky and painful periods every month is an inconvenience we’d rather not deal with. But we deal pretty well.

Yet, we just heard that a male chiropractor in Kansas thinks women should glue their labias closed with a special glue stick called Mensez. Um, come again?
Yeah, Mensez is a real thing. In the mind of Dr. Dan Dopps, this lipstick-like device would replace the need for tampons, pads or period panties. Here’s how it works: Basically it’s a combination of amino acids and oil that causes the labia to stick together and prevents anything from leaking out. When you go to the bathroom to pee, the urine makes it unstick, allowing everything to “flow out.”

Does that sound easier than tampons, pads, and period panties? Uh, NO.

When Forbes spoke with Dopps, they found out that he has a patent for the stick and envisions it as the answer to all our period problems. Yet, it’s only been tried by a few women and hasn’t hit shelves.

In the Mensez comment section on Facebook, Dopps was also incredibly offensive towards women and how they handle periods. “Yes, I am a man and you as a woman, should have come up with a better solution than diapers and plugs, but you didn’t. Reason being women are focused on and distracted by your period 25% of the time, making them far less productive than they could be. Women tend to me far more creative than men, but their periods that stifle them and play with their heads.”

WTF?!
There are so many things so wildly wrong with the above statement that we almost don’t even know where to begin. But suffice it to say, we’re now in no way surprised that a product created by a person with what appears to be zero knowledge or understanding of actual real-life women is not something we’re dying to use.

Slash would ever consider using…ever."

http://hellogiggles.com/man-invented-a-really-questionable-way-for-women-to-deal-periods/?utm_content=inf_17_2557_2&utm_source=socialedge&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=GT&tse_id=INF_3f3af6b0f88011e6a03c354c456e1db2
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:12 PM
3 moms liked this

I thought that was a hoax.

ihave1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:16 PM
I hope it is. Lol

Quoting corticosteroid:

CaliBear8405
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:16 PM
That's really weird. I'll stick to my tamps, thx.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:17 PM
I can't take anything serious with those typos.
kcangel63
by Fertile Myrtle on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
We can only hope. If it's not, he's an ass.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Hear_Me_Roar
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:18 PM
Wtf? Seriously? LOL
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:20 PM

I'd try it.
JTE11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, women's brains are addled but he thinks glue is the intelligent answer. This is entertaining but it can't be real.
MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:21 PM

He has a high opinion of us addled women, huh?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:23 PM
7 moms liked this
So, what, you just put the cap back on the coochie glue after each use and let the funk collect on there?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)