Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Youngest child drama

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:43 PM
  • 25 Replies

So my youngest ds definitely shows all the classic signs of being the youngest. He cries (or let me clarify, fake cries) over EVERYTHING. He don't get his way with his older brother, he bawls. He doesn't get help with something in his time, he cries. His older brother looks at him "wrong", he cries. And so on and so forth. My oldest was never like this. I know in part my youngest behaves this way because he is the youngest....my little sister was the same way when we were kids (I'm the oldest). I forget when she outgrew it, so thought I'd ask all of you. When does the youngest in the house outgrow the crying over everything phase? How do I help him out of it? He is 4 by the way.

by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:45 PM
Wish I knew. My youngest is 6, and I haven't been able to get her to stop yet. Every time, I just remind her that crying hasn't helped her get her way before, so there's no reason for her to think it will this time.
Nicholy10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:45 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:47 PM
Ignore him when he does that.
Nicholy10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:47 PM

I'm the same way with my ds. It just doesn't sink in for him.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Wish I knew. My youngest is 6, and I haven't been able to get her to stop yet. Every time, I just remind her that crying hasn't helped her get her way before, so there's no reason for her to think it will this time.

Nicholy10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:48 PM

I do. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Ignore him when he does that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:49 PM
Mine either. She'll agree that it doesn't help her get what she wants, but she'll do it again the next time and the time after that and so on.

Quoting Nicholy10:

I'm the same way with my ds. It just doesn't sink in for him.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Wish I knew. My youngest is 6, and I haven't been able to get her to stop yet. Every time, I just remind her that crying hasn't helped her get her way before, so there's no reason for her to think it will this time.

Nicholy10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:49 PM

bump

Lady_Snow
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:51 PM
My youngest is two. He's not the crier. My six year old is. Kills me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:52 PM
My oldest used to have a tantrum. We ignored it. When he realiazed we weren't paying attention ,he stopped. He did it a few times. I don't know if that helped.

Quoting Nicholy10:

I do. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Ignore him when he does that.

Pink.Sunshine
I’m in a bad mood, but I promise I won’t take it out on my CafeMom family
Today at 10:21 AM
by Petty Princess on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:53 PM

Story of my sad little life 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)