Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like the worst mom ever.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I was making dinner. I put ds's bowl on the counter and turned around. I heard ds run up and say he got the bowl. I said no wait and as I turned around and stepped toward him he spilled boiling hot chili down his arm. Now most of it splattered onto me and only I have blisters and burns that'll take a while to heal but I feel so bad. Ds says his arms doesn't hurt and the pinky color is gone now but I still feel so bad.

He's 5 btw. I'm gonna mention it to his teacher in the morning just in case he says it hurts at school.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:08 PM
This falls under the shit happens category. I was messing around at about the age of 7 and dumped a bowl of very hot soup all over myself. Screamed bloody murder. My mom grabbed me and threw me into a lukewarm shower fully clothed. I never messed around near hot food again. Glad your little one is ok. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:10 PM
Aww it was an accident.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:11 PM

yeah I grabbed a metal coffee cup while camping when i was like 6 and had to ride home with my hand in a cooler. i know it happens but i still feel bad.

Quoting Anonymous 2: This falls under the shit happens category. I was messing around at about the age of 7 and dumped a bowl of very hot soup all over myself. Screamed bloody murder. My mom grabbed me and threw me into a lukewarm shower fully clothed. I never messed around near hot food again. Glad your little one is ok. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:18 PM
I think you are overreacting, things happen.
Dontbridiculous
by Live life laughing on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:20 PM
Awww, not your fault.
TheAnnieMac
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:31 PM

Aw, I'm sorry you feel badly about it, but you didn't do anything wrong. The fact that you feel bad at all means you're not the worst mom. 

Just make sure in the future that super hot stuff is kept further away from the edges of the counters. Sounds like your son is a little bigger than you realized. 

Hugs, we have all done something that made us feel like shitty parents. You're good. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:37 PM
I wouldn't say anything to the teacher. If you get a psycho one that takes her "mandated reporter" status too seriously, she'll call child services because it *might* not have been an accident. I have a teacher friend like this. She gets a twisted high off of reporting any little infraction. Just go about your day...this kind of crap happens.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:38 PM

true but my ds might just tell her anyway which would be worse.

Quoting Anonymous 5: I wouldn't say anything to the teacher. If you get a psycho one that takes her "mandated reporter" status too seriously, she'll call child services because it *might* not have been an accident. I have a teacher friend like this. She gets a twisted high off of reporting any little infraction. Just go about your day...this kind of crap happens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:40 PM
Just tell your kid to keep his mouth shut. It looks worse if you're running around making excuses.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

true but my ds might just tell her anyway which would be worse.

Quoting Anonymous 5: I wouldn't say anything to the teacher. If you get a psycho one that takes her "mandated reporter" status too seriously, she'll call child services because it *might* not have been an accident. I have a teacher friend like this. She gets a twisted high off of reporting any little infraction. Just go about your day...this kind of crap happens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:40 PM
Shit happens. Hell learn. And hell survive
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)