Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smooth transition in reuniting family??

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:20 PM
  • 6 Replies

My exhusband and me are getting back together after 2 years of being divorced and living separate (we were married 6 years). We are looking for an apartment to share, that we will be moving to soon. How do I make this a smooth transition for the children? (they are 4 and 7) Honestly they will be stoked to have mommy and daddy under one roof again. We never told them we are dating, but I'm sure they kinda know because we are doing a lot as a family again (which they love). I know our divorce was a big transition for them, and they adapted, but I want to make sure reuniting our family goes smoothly. 

by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Nicholy10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:26 PM

BUMP

Nicholy10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:29 PM

BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:32 PM
No idea but here's. Bump and wish you and your family good luck !!
Nicholy10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:34 PM

Thank you!

Quoting Anonymous 1: No idea but here's. Bump and wish you and your family good luck !!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:34 PM
Could you guys do like sleepovers with everyone on the weekends? Then extend it? That way it won't be a crazy jump. Make sure you parents are on the same page though, that way they can't play one against the other.
Nicholy10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:36 PM

We have done a few sleepovers already, and they went well.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Could you guys do like sleepovers with everyone on the weekends? Then extend it? That way it won't be a crazy jump. Make sure you parents are on the same page though, that way they can't play one against the other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)