Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you did NOT CIO

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

How did you get your baby to like his/her crib and at what age did you put them in there? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PaisleyBirds
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:31 PM

Started slowly at about 2 weeks putting them in there for a few minutes at a time with me nearby.  Then we put them in there for naps, I stayed right there just in case until naps were successful.  Then we moved on to nighttime sleep.  The whole process took about 2 weeks probably since we didn't wait too long to do it.

ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:31 PM

we alwys started out in the crib. in the beginning i'd rock them to sleep and try to sneak them in there and repeat until it worked :/ dont miss those days

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:33 PM
I just let my babies sleep in my bed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:33 PM

Did they sleep in a bassinet before that? 

Quoting PaisleyBirds:

Started slowly at about 2 weeks putting them in there for a few minutes at a time with me nearby.  Then we put them in there for naps, I stayed right there just in case until naps were successful.  Then we moved on to nighttime sleep.  The whole process took about 2 weeks probably since we didn't wait too long to do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:34 PM
Never did, and here I lay with my 3 year old. Very bad parenting mistake, lol!

I strongly support CIO now, haha!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:34 PM

That's what I did as well but my son is 2 and I'm pregnant. One of them is going to have to sleep in there own bed for safety reasons. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: I just let my babies sleep in my bed.

FromAtoZ
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:36 PM

Get my baby to like her crib?

I'm not sure what you mean.

Comfortable in the crib so they would rest and sleep? Is that what you mean??

With my first and second, I didn't have any real issues.  They slept in their crib.  From the day they came home from the hospital.

My last, when she was about 6 months........she was a little different for a good month and a half.  She didn't want to sleep at all it seemed.  Until I put her in her swing, in front of the television with Bear in the Big Blue House playing.  Nothing else could be on.  I would put her in her crib once she was soundly asleep. I thought that would never pass but it did.

Oh, I didn't really not let them cry it out.  Depends on what your definition of that really is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:38 PM
My dd had to sleep on me, nursing to sleep and then nursing during sleep (especially naps). By the time she was around 13 or 14 months old she was ready for the crib at night but still had to sleep on me for naps. There wasn't anything I could do to help her be ready, she just went when she was ready. Before then I just did what I had to do to get her to fall asleep and stay asleep. They change so quickly and grow up so quickly, I saw no need to force anything. She has always done things when she is ready.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:39 PM
I bed share.
PaisleyBirds
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:39 PM

Yes, in a different room.  The crib turned out to be a huge hit with everyone  getting more sleep so I am glad for all in the family that we made the switch.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Did they sleep in a bassinet before that? 

Quoting PaisleyBirds:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)