Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have low blood pressure

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
It started about 3-4 yrs agom Everytime I go see a doctor they check it and it is always low. They have checked it two or three times because of it. One time it was 70/40. Today it was 90/50. I said maybe I need to see a doctor about it ( this just a birth control appointment), she said you should be fine as long as you aren't fainting or getting dizzy. Idk. But it does worry me.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:37 PM
That's pretty normal for me. No one had expressed any concern over out.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:39 PM
I have low blood pressure too. I've actually passed out from standing up too quickly a few times.

Be careful, because waking up on the ground isn't fun!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:40 PM
I do too. Just pay attention to your body. I passed out in Publix because of it & really hurt myself. Lay down when you feel it dropping. There's no maintenance medication to increase your BP.
Fakemom7
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:45 PM
I have only had an issue once. I thought someone was breaking in to my house and I jumped out of bed half asleep. No one got in but i passed out and hit my face on the coffee table on the way down. It was a rough few days but I know now to get out of bed slowly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:47 PM
I've always had low blood pressure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:47 PM

Don't let it worry you.  Mine has been low since I was a teenager.  Should have seen the look on the nurse's face when they took my bp before surgery, and it was only 83/48!  It was priceless, lol.  I felt perfectly fine.  Just make sure you stay hydraterd, and eat regularly.  If you start feeling palpatations in your chest, you should see a cardiologist.

paigea
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:47 PM
Mine is 90/60. No doctor has ever been concerned.
silvermermaid
by Allison on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:49 PM
I have had my blood pressure taken before and have been asked if I felt dizzy because it was on the lower side. Nothing ever came of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:50 PM
I have had them recheck it with a different device because it is low. They think their machine is messed up. Mom freaked out when I told her that time it was 70/40.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

Don't let it worry you.  Mine has been low since I was a teenager.  Should have seen the look on the nurse's face when they took my bp before surgery, and it was only 83/48!  It was priceless, lol.  I felt perfectly fine.  Just make sure you stay hydraterd, and eat regularly.  If you start feeling palpatations in your chest, you should see a cardiologist.

almburr
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:52 PM
90/60 is my norm.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)