Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tired of being judge

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I'm a happily married mom of 7 children (4 biological and 3 stepchildren) and life can be rough sometimes. My husband had a good paying job until the company shut down before I had my youngest son were not having anymore after that and we both got a job at Walmart I work on days and he works on nights both of us are full time and our savings slowing running out to catch up bills. Both of us have degrees, I've been a SAHM before I started working. My husband got promoted to overnight support manager but still trying to make ends meet. We been struggling quite a bit and got told with 7 children we could qualify for food stamps which we got not only food stamps, my youngest son got WIC and all my children got Medicaid as well and my husband and I have to pay for our own insurance once we signed up. It helped us out a lot without food stamps we would eat ramen noodles all the time. There's been stares from other customers when I swiped my EBT card for food while paying for clothes was on clearance for children with my new iPhone 7 plus I pay using my phone, having a phone is cheaper than landline phone and internet and both my husband and I get discount from Verizon while working at Walmart and was due to an upgrade and none of my children have phones until they can get a job. My oldest child my stepdaughter will be 16 soon and she has to get an after school job to help out with bills and she can use a bike until she can buy her own car and she will have to keep her grades up for scholarships as we can't afford college. All our tax refund will go to fixing cars and for buying children's clothes, vacations are luxury for us and we can't do vacations. My husband's health declined and he cant afford to quit work even he's sick all the time and I hated doing that but I made a GoFundMe for his medical bills not covering by insurance and it helped us out a lot and he applied for disability but it could take months or years before he has an answer, he called out once and I was panicking because his paycheck was short a day. We're doing what we can to provide for our children.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:03 PM

Wish I had an iPhone 7 but my 5 is fine. It sounds like you're doing what you can. Any chance of finding a better job for yourself? There's quite a bit of money in CNA/caregiving. Might help you out of this jam quicker and some companies will pay for you to get your certificate. Regardless, good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:04 PM
FYI you can pay like $5 bucks a month on med bills and they won't put you in collections because you're paying on them.
Sat.Wed
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:05 PM
😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:30 PM
I've put in over 100 applications then Walmart hired me on the spot. We had an iPhone 5s and we were due for an upgrade.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Wish I had an iPhone 7 but my 5 is fine. It sounds like you're doing what you can. Any chance of finding a better job for yourself? There's quite a bit of money in CNA/caregiving. Might help you out of this jam quicker and some companies will pay for you to get your certificate. Regardless, good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:39 PM
I was somewhat in the same situation when my previous job went bankruptcy. Gotta do what you gotta do. I mean you both are doing what you guys can do and I hope your husband will get well soon. Best wishes.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
You write exactly the same as the lady who works at McDonalds.
helen491
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:51 PM
If you are tired of being judged you are tired of being alive. People are going to judge whether you are doing good or bad. You can only smile and keep moving. I judge but I wouldn't say anything. When you and your dh were doing well did it cross your mind when you saw someone using and ebt card but have a $700 phone. Honestly what you are doing seems to be the norm from what I have noticed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:52 PM
Oh bull shit.
You have a shit ton of kids you can't support but need a fucking new phone? Please. Ghetto rich mentality and values/entitlement = always be poor.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've put in over 100 applications then Walmart hired me on the spot. We had an iPhone 5s and we were due for an upgrade.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:53 PM

I'm just saying I wish I had the upgrade too. I think work is work and good for you guys for making it work!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've put in over 100 applications then Walmart hired me on the spot. We had an iPhone 5s and we were due for an upgrade.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2017 at 11:57 PM
I have the newer iPhone, I guess it's the 7.

My bf bought it for me and pays for the plan.

My daughter's father got me an iPhone before this one and paid for the plan.

I don't care what kind of phone I have as long as it works!

Quoting Anonymous 5: Oh bull shit.
You have a shit ton of kids you can't support but need a fucking new phone? Please. Ghetto rich mentality and values/entitlement = always be poor.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)