Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm more upset about the damn comments section....

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:15 AM
  • 128 Replies

Teen Made Her Sister the Best Shirt to Fight Dress Code Injustices

by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:22 AM
10 moms liked this
I agree with dress codes. Teaching modesty isn't a bad thing. It's not as though boys can walk around topless. Hell, in my high school, the dress codes weren't even gender-specific. Technically, a boy could wear a dress to school, so long as it reached his fingertips in length, had straps at least 2 finger-widths wide, and showed no chest.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:26 AM
Quite honestly idt I'd allow my preteen/early teen daughter to wear an off the shoulder top with cut jeans.
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:27 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm more upset by the fact that so many people seem to be missing the point.  They are making the dress issue the girl's fault.  In many cases, it's not really.  It's the fault of antiquated ideals by an older generation.  I should have added the link, because the picture was totally harmless and not showing anything wrong at all.  There was NO reason for her to have to cover up.  She was modestly dressed, but she had a larger bosom, so of course, someone thought she needed a turtleneck to cover it.  *eyeroll*  She didn't even have cleavage!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I agree with dress codes. Teaching modesty isn't a bad thing. It's not as though boys can walk around topless. Hell, in my high school, the dress codes weren't even gender-specific. Technically, a boy could wear a dress to school, so long as it reached his fingertips in length, had straps at least 2 finger-widths wide, and showed no chest.

WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this

It was a cute outfit and didn't even show cleavage.  This was pretty ridiculous.  Sometimes, I look at one of these and I can see why they are upset, but this one was truly ridiculous.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Quite honestly idt I'd allow my preteen/early teen daughter to wear an off the shoulder top with cut jeans.

zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:29 AM

I don't have a problem with dress codes either

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:29 AM
3 moms liked this

Middle schoolers should not be dressed in the same clothes that adults wear to the club. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:31 AM
2 moms liked this
There is nothing wrong with a dress code for school or for employment. People need to get over themselves.
MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I really like her shirt! Good for her ;-)

WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:35 AM

Check out the shirt.  CM wouldn't post it.  It looks nothing like a clubbing shirt for attention.  There's NO cleavage at all.  Too much of WHAT chest?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teen-made-her-sister-the-best-shirt-to-fight-dress-code-injustices-014136083.html

Quoting Anonymous 4: There is nothing wrong with a dress code for school or for employment. People need to get over themselves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:35 AM
I'm just saying for my nonexistent daughter. Lol to have a large chest, with a shirt off the shoulder, I'm assuming bra straps would be showing. I didn't get an in depth look at the picture, it was side by side with the one in the op, I just remember thinking, 'glad I don't have a dd, I wouldn't let her wear that... and how awesome it is that the older sister stuck up for her little sister, seems like that's becoming a rare thing'.

Quoting WickedOpal:

It was a cute outfit and didn't even show cleavage.  This was pretty ridiculous.  Sometimes, I look at one of these and I can see why they are upset, but this one was truly ridiculous.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Quite honestly idt I'd allow my preteen/early teen daughter to wear an off the shoulder top with cut jeans.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)