Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They go to bed when???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies

Mobile Photo

Okay saw this chart tonight. I was curious about what time your kids go to bed. Is it accurate according to this or how do you go about choosing their bedtime?

My two are 7 & 9 and bedtimes between 730 & 8. Sometimes later but that works for us. All extras are in the afternoons so evenings can be for homework, dinner and settling down for the next day.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 4:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Mar. 18, 2017 at 4:14 AM

Honestly, I never had a set bedtime for my kid. I followed her lead. She needed anywhere from 10 to 12 hours of sleep a night and so she was ready to crawl in bed by 8ish or so, once she started school and had to get up early. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 4:16 AM
Mine don't got to bed until 11-11:30. I homeschool, and was never a morning person.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 4:17 AM
My nephew i used to care for used to be like that. Since he was a baby hed be asleep fir the night at 8 and up at 5. I think it was because thats when his mom got up and started getting ready for work. Hed have a bit of alone time with her first thing in the morning. If my girls were like that itd be no problem but theu take after me and it was hard to get me up in the mornings even if i went to bed early. I just couldnt get up. As long as they have enough sleep theyll get up but they sleep deep

Quoting MissAndree:

Honestly, I never had a set bedtime for my kid. I followed her lead. She needed anywhere from 10 to 12 hours of sleep a night and so she was ready to crawl in bed by 8ish or so, once she started school and had to get up early. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 4:19 AM
I wish i could do that. I detest the school system mostly because they feel the kids need to play most of the day and then send home tons of homework. Why not make them do the work at school so they can play when they get home?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Mine don't got to bed until 11-11:30. I homeschool, and was never a morning person.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 4:19 AM
My kids never had a set bedtime. That concept is odd to me
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Mar. 18, 2017 at 4:20 AM
My 9 year old goes to bed at 8 on school nights, it was 7.30 up until a couple of weeks ago.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 4:26 AM
My kids are teens. There is no set bedtime.
goldpandora
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 4:35 AM

One goes to bed at 8.30 (her choice) and the other goes to bed before 9. They're both 14. We've had bedtime at roughly 8.30 since they were about 8. 

They stay up on Saturdays until the end of whatever TV programme is on (at the moment, it's "The Voice") but usually give up or fall asleep by then. They can stay up on Fridays if there is something they REALLY want to see but that's not often :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 4:47 AM
It's lay in bed time at 9:30.

Then it's actually fall asleep time anywhere between 10:30-2 or so.

Ds is 11 but that's how it's always been. He's up anywhere between 5-8am.
merrysgirls
by Lame on Mar. 18, 2017 at 4:56 AM
I've always had early bedtimes for the kids because of an awesome sleep book I read when my oldest was 6 months old. I love it!

She's 14 now and goes to bed about 9:30. My 11 and 9 year old go to bed at 8:30. My 3 year old goes down between 6:30-7.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)