Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mixed feelings...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My husband said he "wants" to keep our marriage after all the sh×t he put me through last week. Part of me was relieved, part of me is sad, angry and disappointed. I feel like he is half into it and I feel like I deserve better. Yesterday, was our anniversary and I felt so sad. He didn't do anything for me but he took me to the movies as an afterthought. I felt so so disappointed in him. I feel like I love him and want to be with him, but he is not the man I need or truly want in my life. I just wish he was different. I just wish he act like a man who loves his wife dearly. I truly don't feel loved by him and I don't want that in my life.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:26 AM
Then get a divorce. You don't sounds happy or in love.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:27 AM
Today is my anniversary and I could've written this post!
Erika_C
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:28 AM
You can't change anyone but yourself. Treat yourself the way you want to be treated. He'll either step up on his own or not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:30 AM
What happen last week? I would suggest therapy to help work this out, or atleast try to work it out. If that doesn't seem to change your relationship it's time to see a divorce lawyer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:31 AM
Time to do what's right for you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:33 AM
Too many 'he' and 'me or I'...not enough we.
Don't settle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:25 AM
I am so sorry for you. I guess being disappointed sometimes takes part in a marriage.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Today is my anniversary and I could've written this post!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:27 AM
Then step up and make the decision for yourself.

He isn't different. He is who he is and pretending otherwise is wasting YOUR life. You get one shot on this planet. Why spend it miserable?

Go out and find happiness.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:30 AM
I guess I am scared, but for some reason the more I think about it, I don't feel so sacred anymore. I guess I want to have my family intact. That is a dream that is hard for me to let go.

Quoting Anonymous 7: Then step up and make the decision for yourself.

He isn't different. He is who he is and pretending otherwise is wasting YOUR life. You get one shot on this planet. Why spend it miserable?

Go out and find happiness.
CrystalSapphire
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:31 AM
Think about this: does he want to keep the marriage together because he loves you and wants to work with you; or is he afraid to start over? I think you will find your answer if you give this question some real thought.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)