Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You people are weird

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
The way you answer posts is odd.

You believe an 8 year old should be doing all sorts of house work and is perfectly capable to do laundry.

An 8 year old can stay home alone and if mom is mad because the school screwed up mom should chill because 8 years old are fine by themselves.

But a mom poster about grounding the 8 year old for not doing the only job they have which is doing homework and studying for a test and you all flip saying it's too harsh and someone actually said the kid will end up killing herself because and overbearing parent.

You ladies are crazy. You can't have it both ways.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:49 AM
I'm the oddball because I have my 4 year old doing house work.
And at 8 he won't stay home by himself. And I'm extra harsh about schoolwork.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:49 AM

what did you expect on here???

CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:49 AM
Or it's a huge group with a ton of differing opinions
mary716
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:50 AM
Which post are you referring to? I tend to block out the crazies and just do what works for my family. My kids make sure their rooms are clean, clean clothes put away and have one extra chore to do and they switch it up daily (one will unload the dishwasher and the other will sweep the kitchen after dinner) my main focus for them is school work and making sure they have time to be a kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:51 AM

and you do realize how many thousands of women are on here from many countries, too

awelling
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:51 AM
Different people have different opinions. There are a lot of people here.
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:52 AM
Not all of us think that way. An 8-yr-old is capable of doing chores but I'd never leave one home alone. School is the most important "job" my kids have. I wouldn't let my now 20-yr-old work until spring of her senior year because I didn't want it to interfere with her grades.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:52 AM
Nah. The crazies are always the same.

Quoting CannotCount: Or it's a huge group with a ton of differing opinions
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:53 AM
Don't remember, so many.

Quoting mary716: Which post are you referring to? I tend to block out the crazies and just do what works for my family. My kids make sure their rooms are clean, clean clothes put away and have one extra chore to do and they switch it up daily (one will unload the dishwasher and the other will sweep the kitchen after dinner) my main focus for them is school work and making sure they have time to be a kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:54 AM
There are so many times is the same people that have contradictory opinions.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

and you do realize how many thousands of women are on here from many countries, too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)