Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so done right now...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My parents and brother moved in with me in 2014. In the beginning neither parent had a job and my ex and I were the only ones paying bills. That lasted for about 4-5 months before they both found work.

I have had issues with my Mom in the past but nothing like this. She and my boyfriend work together. Apparently it was overheard that she was complaining about us to a manager that she is friends with. She went on to say that we use HER bathroom (last time I checked it wasn't just HER bathroom, I pay to live here like she does so I pay for use of the bathroom). She was also complaining that we use her stuff (shampoo, toilet paper, etc). We have our own bathroom but we can't take showers in it because if you attempt to turn the shower on it does not turn back off. We asked the landlord to fix it, he didn't, whatever.

I buy my own shampoo but because we buy the exact same kind she thinks I am using hers. I buy my own body wash. Boyfriend has his because what I buy is too "fruity smelling for him" (he uses Axe shampoo + body wash). The ONLY thing she buys that we use is the toilet paper. She uses MY laundry detergent. They use my washer and dryer and then complain when I need to wash clothes. I'm angry that she was bad mouthing me at her job which is extremely uncalled for. It makes me wonder if she has done it before and nobody told me.

It's not my dad, he works out of town and doesn't know about any of this. He is the only reason I haven't cut off contact in the past ten years. I feel bad when I think about it but I'm done. I'm done with my Mom for good.

My Mom has always been this way and she proves that she isn't going to change. She is the type of person who makes everything about herself and her feelings.

We are moving out next month and I really want to cut off contact this time. I'm really done.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:56 AM
I don't feel sorry for anyone adult person who lives with other people, especially their parents. If you make dumb decisions bad things usually happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:58 AM
Well I realize it was dumb to let them move in. I learned my lesson. Never again.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't feel sorry for anyone adult person who lives with other people, especially their parents. If you make dumb decisions bad things usually happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:04 AM
That's what happens when you let people live with you and I don't know how you've lasted this long. Why DID you allow that? So foolish.

Good thing it's almost over. Don't let them guilt you into not moving out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:07 AM
Does the evil ungrateful bitch know you are moving? Never ever speak to her again
ElephantShoez
by GoGoWaffleMaker on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this
This all sounds super childish.
Catherinesmom12
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:17 AM
I had BIL move in. Prob a bad choice.

He's already talking about projects he wants to do around the house this spring / summer. One is build the kids a tree house. Ugh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:24 AM
I allowed it because they were homeless and I didn't want my dad out on the streets. I love my dad but honestly he can't handle my mom either. I feel like that's the reason he works out of town, so he doesn't have to deal with her. I definitely won't.

Quoting Anonymous 3: That's what happens when you let people live with you and I don't know how you've lasted this long. Why DID you allow that? So foolish.

Good thing it's almost over. Don't let them guilt you into not moving out.
.gravy.
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

First things first-I have no problem with multigenerational homes but this sounds kind of trashy. Definitely getting a trashy people vibe here. 

Second of all, what kind of shit jobs do your boyfriend and mother have where this is appropriate workplace conversation to have WITH YOUR BOSS. I would seriously rethink the example I was setting as a manager if I let my employees carry on those kinds of conversations with me. Also I hate hate hate HATE it when employees share a home and work together. It gets so annoying because they usually aren't good at establishing boundaries at home OR at work and that conversation your mother had with your boss is CASE IN POINT. 

Finally-if you have had issues with your mother in the past why on earth did you think it would be any different and living with her would be tolerable. 

OH WAIT ONE MORE. Why the fuck does it matter if she's telling people that you use her shampoo? 

Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:35 AM
Agreed. Also petty.

Quoting ElephantShoez: This all sounds super childish.
othermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:47 AM

It would be very frustrating to live with family like that. She was venting to a friend, I vent to friends about things my husband does, you are venting on here. It is what people do. Maybe mark the bottles some how of the shampoo and things so you know for sure whos is whose.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)