Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DARN!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
My daughter was supposed to be picked up at 7 AM this morning for a track meet, so I got up at 6 AM because I like to make her breakfast.**

It was 630 and she still wasn't awake so I went in to make sure her alarm was set… Though it is extremely rare that she mis- sets her alarm. She said she wasn't being picked up until 745 because her race was later than she thought. Dang! I could've slept in another 45 minutes.

** I realize this is my choice and not all mothers do this. She is the last of my kids at home and it hit me strong how quickly these years pass by. I probably do a little bit more for her than most moms do for high school age kids… But that's the way it is in our home. And I would not do this if she would be demanding, or unappreciative.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:59 AM

Before anyone starts bashing you, I just want to say I think that is a nice thing for you to do. My mom "making" me breakfast consisted of sticking a pop tart in the toaster. And that only happened once. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:02 AM
Sweet of you to say. When the first one left for college halfway across the US it hit me hard how quickly they grow up. I just want to savor every extra minute I can have with her. And like I said I wouldn't be doing this if she was a bratty kid… But she's very appreciative and says thank you often.

Wish I could come over make you breakfast! Sometimes even mommies need a mommy.

Quoting PrettyWings29:

Before anyone starts bashing you, I just want to say I think that is a nice thing for you to do. My mom "making" me breakfast consisted of sticking a pop tart in the toaster. And that only happened once. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:02 AM

my dd had practice at 9 am, I never even heard her leave. Thankfully she has her own car.

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:04 AM
I think that was sweet of you.
When I ran track, my grandma made me breakfast too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:04 AM
We are about six months pre-drivers license.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

my dd had practice at 9 am, I never even heard her leave. Thankfully she has her own car.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:06 AM

ah, good luck to her on the test.

Quoting Anonymous 1: We are about six months pre-drivers license.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

mary716
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:08 AM
Lol that happens a lot here! I get up and make breakfast and realize I was up a little too early lol! Hope she has a good track meet!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:10 AM
she got a text after I had gone to bed that her race was later than she thought. That's where the mixup came from.

Quoting mary716: Lol that happens a lot here! I get up and make breakfast and realize I was up a little too early lol! Hope she has a good track meet!
PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:11 AM

Seriously, that made me have a tear, that is so nice. Your daughter is very lucky. :) 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Sweet of you to say. When the first one left for college halfway across the US it hit me hard how quickly they grow up. I just want to savor every extra minute I can have with her. And like I said I wouldn't be doing this if she was a bratty kid… But she's very appreciative and says thank you often. Wish I could come over make you breakfast! Sometimes even mommies need a mommy.
Quoting PrettyWings29:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:21 AM
Ive always been this way with all of my kids. Dont listen to what any of these crazy women on here say. Some are fat men living in their moms basement playing with their willys while on here. Some are bitter lonely old and young women who are divorced that no one cares about. Some are miserable wives who have cheating husbands and they dont have the guts to leave them so they come on here to complain
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)