Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Remodeling wwyd?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Older home with no bathroom on the main floor. We are adding a bathroom (toilet and sink only) and laundry room to one little corner of the house. It's hard to describe so I hope this question make sense. We have three choices of how to configure the space…

1. Laundry in the bathroom.

2. Walk through the laundry room to get to the bathroom.

3. Walk through the bathroom to get to the laundry room.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:25 AM

Walk through laundry room to get to the bathroom.  NEVER have a walk through bathroom - huge hassle.  We had one once.  And laundry IN the bathroom would be worse!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:27 AM
Option 2. That way you can do laundry whenever
Erika_C
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:27 AM
This.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Walk through laundry room to get to the bathroom.  NEVER have a walk through bathroom - huge hassle.  We had one once.  And laundry IN the bathroom would be worse!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:27 AM
That is exactly what I was thinking. And in our last home where I did have a laundry room I always kept it looking decent. I guess I'll just have get curtains or something to hide the laundry and appliances away so my guests don't feel like they're walking in a space they shouldn't be walking in just to get to the restroom.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:28 AM
Option 2, definitely.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:28 AM
#3. Walk through the bathroom to get to the laundry. If you do it like that, you can keep the door closed to the laundry when it's not in use or you have company.
KSBlueyz
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:29 AM
Definitely option 2
knoxmomof2
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:33 AM
We had a townhouse with the laundry in the half bathroom. The appliances were right to the left of the toilet. I could literally fold laundry while peeing... Haha! It wasn't so bad.

Seems like it would give you more space to work with to integrate the 2 rather than having 2 separate rooms.
goodygumdrops
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:36 AM

Walk through laundry to get to bathroom.  That's how ours is set up and the only issue I have with it is that I sometimes get bumped with the bathroom door while standing in front of the washer.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:37 AM
Bathroom doors are supposed to open in to the bathroom. Does yours open out?

Quoting goodygumdrops:

Walk through laundry to get to bathroom.  That's how ours is set up and the only issue I have with it is that I sometimes get bumped with the bathroom door while standing in front of the washer.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)