Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't believe today's generation of children are 'healthier'

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Do you? With the amount of issues in children these days from allergies, to developmental delays, to being diagnosed with the most minute thing, to appease mom or the school, i'm not seeing where kids are 'healthier'.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:43 AM
Of course not! I don't think anyone is arguing that they are. There was like one fat kid in my whole grade growing up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:44 AM
My kids are crazy healthy but I do agree with you. I swear half the kids I encounter daily are so fragile I just want to bubble wrap them... and then push them down.
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:46 AM

Healthier as in less disease and lack of food? Yes. However, many children still suffer health effects of inadequate diets, often by choice rather than caused by circumstance. Childhood obesity is a problem. However, I do not believe there are more children with developmental delays or autism or anything of that sort, they are just diagnosed now while in the past they were labeled a bad kid, a stupid kid, or were just shipped off to die in an institution. 

Kiwismommy19
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Maybe we need to bring back lead paint.
Reading.Rainbow
by Mad Martigan on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:47 AM
They are much, much worse...

Don't acknowledge that though, or address any reason why...
ThatDancerGirl
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:49 AM
Maybe in the sense that we don't let kids fall through the cracks nearly as much as they did in the past. A child who couldn't focus back then was labeled as bad and punished. A child now who can't focus is given what they need to succeed. Kids in the past had the same issues as kids today, they just were punished instead of receiving treatment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:49 AM

why? when there are so many old buildings with it still in there, and children living around it...

Quoting Kiwismommy19: Maybe we need to bring back lead paint.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:52 AM
It's full of fat and autistic kids.
Catherinesmom12
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:52 AM
Haha me too.

One fat kid. One black kid. One kid in a wheelchair. I remember during one fire alarm a teacher carried him and his wheel chair down 3 floors. We were all like WOWWW where did that super strength come from?!

Quoting Libby22: Of course not! I don't think anyone is arguing that they are. There was like one fat kid in my whole grade growing up.
KYNMFLGirl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:53 AM
They're not healthier or unhealthier, we just have a more refined knowledge of medicine and mental disorders, therefor there are more diagnosed people. Fifty-sixty years ago, a child with autism was just dubbed retarded or weird.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)