Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just want my dog back...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
(I apologize if this is long but I figure it's best to give as much details as to why I don't have my dog) About a year and a half ago I split up with my ex it was a very bad break up long story short it ended with myself being arrested not proud of it but it happened I truly didn't do anything wrong we are both to blame but I left marks on him when he tried to hold me down I left our place when I got back cops were there waiting for me. I had to leave our place even though the lease was in my name I paid the rent everything in the apartment was mine except his clothes and personal items. I have four kids who also had stuff there. They brought me back to my place after and gave me a total of 30mins to gather up what I could I was furious I told them I have four kids I'm gonna need more then 30mins. Sadly to say my ex never kept up with the rent after I left I called my
Landlord and told him what happened I couldn't go back to retrieve the rest of my things unless a cop was present and every time I tried attempting to do so no cops were available to assist me but it would of taken all day I wanted all of my stuff. Sadly to say I lost everything things that can never be replaced my old landlord changed the locks took some of my things and threw the rest out. It hurts still today because I had stuff that belonged to my mom who's no longer alive my kids stuff baby stuff pictures etc. And I had my dog...I was told
I would get back but I had no way to Take her the day they had me released but I could get her another day. Never happened my ex refused to let me have her back told me I have no proof she is even mine. I have pictures of when I first got her way before him and I even started to date I have the people I got her off of have a record of it. It's not even about how much I paid for her it's the fact my kids loved her too and were upset when we didn't get her back. Because of the restraining order I couldn't do much I couldnt call him or text him nothing. Someone told me that he didn't even have her anymore he got rid of her but no proof but I couldn't seem to even track him down. But I finally did and I did see he still has her and I would like to pursue on getting her back. But I'm not sure how to even do this if i should bother seeing how for the last year and half I haven't had her but I would have if my ex would of followed thru an let me take her back. Is there a way?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:16 AM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:20 AM
Time for a new dog.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:37 PM

Have someone you know become friends with him and then take the dog from him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:49 PM

There is no way. She is legally no longer your property at all and you will get arrested if you try and take her back like anon 4 is suggesting

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 1:11 PM
If the restraining order has expired, I would take him to small claims court. Sue for the cost of the dog and the belonging that were kept, or request the dog be returned.

Saw a case once where it was this situation and the complainant won and the defendant had to return the dog.
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Mar. 18, 2017 at 1:15 PM

Honestly?  I'd prob get myself arrested because I'd march right back and take doggie back by force, but if you want the legal options then take him to court and sue to get her back.  If the courts rule against you, then go back and steal her back.  They can't claim doggie isn't yours anymore just because asshole kept her from you for so long.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 1:18 PM

Just because her asshole ex played keep away doesn't mean the dog isn't hers anymore.  He has no right to keep it and she needs to go and take her dog back whether he likes it or not.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

There is no way. She is legally no longer your property at all and you will get arrested if you try and take her back like anon 4 is suggesting

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Mar. 18, 2017 at 1:20 PM

If you have a record of when you got your doggie, you can use that to go to the police and have them help you retrieve the dog.  His possession of the dog doesn't count as legal ownership if you have all the paperwork and photos proving you got the dog before that dick was even in the picture.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 1:23 PM

actually it does. She abandoned when she failed to take the steps of getting her back within the courts and law. It is legally no longer her property and he can have her arrested if she goes and takes it.

Quoting Anonymous 7:

Just because her asshole ex played keep away doesn't mean the dog isn't hers anymore.  He has no right to keep it and she needs to go and take her dog back whether he likes it or not.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2017 at 5:10 PM
Restraining order stopped me from doing anything only way i could do anything was with a cop present and even they wouldn't help me. Yes i could of gotten a friend to get my dog for me but in that case he could refuse my friend to give my dog back or worse call the cops. The cops here are useless trust me i tried calling them telling them that my landlord refused to even let me gather my stuff after my
ex just up and left it of not paying rent. The cops told me there was nothing they could do i was furious i told them if they would have helped me in the first place i wouldn't have lost all my belongings because they knew my case they knew i needed a cop present to retrieve my things even though it was my place they should have had my ex leave and move back with his grandparents but no he got to continue living in my place that had all mine and my kids belongings!! I did everything i could at the time but no one was willing to help me!! I was told once the restraining order was lifted i could try getting her back but like i had stated i was told he no longer had her. I found out recently he still has her.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

actually it does. She abandoned when she failed to take the steps of getting her back within the courts and law. It is legally no longer her property and he can have her arrested if she goes and takes it.

Quoting Anonymous 7:

Quoting Anonymous 5:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)