Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD14 agreed to at least check the facility out..progress is being made!! (Update)

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:22 PM
  • 31 Replies
Long story short ...DD14 has a lot of mental health challenges, we havent pinpointed exactly what yet but we are getting there.
Its been a challenge all of her life but in the past year she has been extremely violent towards myself, peers and teachers. She has stolen from me, ran away 3 times...the list goes on.
In the past 2 months we have been making more steps towards positivity.
She has only hit me once in 2 months (about a month ago), the family dr realizing that it was taking a while to get our 1st pyschiatrist appt called around to find out the proper medication to put her on for her aggression.
She started it the day after the pysichial altercation.
She hasnt raised her fist, threatened to hit since and her aggression has gone down!.
She has seen the pyschiatrist twice in a month! (2 hr visits each)
The pyschiatrist is seeing a lot of factors that she feels are playing a role...adhd, possible borderline personality disorder, narccissistic disorder.
She wants to start her on adhd medication..
There is a facility here that we have been on the waiting list for and they called for an orientation appt this monday, they take in children and teens and work with them for approx 3 to 6 months. (kids come home on weekends)
DD has been very firm that she will NOT be going. (she HAS to be willing to go or they wont take her).
Me and her aunt sat down with her yesterday and had a long talk with her.
She finally agreed to at least check it out!
I am hoping that when we go on monday that DD likes what she see's and hears and decides to go after all.

I am so happy that things seem to be turning around...we still have our rough days but they are getting any easier to handle

UPDATE: Well we went to the facility today and she sat through the orientation, and we took the tour. DD still doesnt want to go, she likes a few things about it but she would really rather be at home (the facility doesnt have a very good homey feel to it so she doesnt feel comfortable there).
Her pyschiatrist wants to get her involved with Dialectical behavior therapy..so we are going to do that while she is living at home.
I give her credit though because she has been fighting me for 6 months to not even give it a shot...she gave it a shot today, she laughed and smiled at some of the things that go on there but in the end she would rather just work on herself while at home.
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:25 PM

Is she still working or did that already blow up in your face?

Stevensmomma
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:25 PM
Get her on meds before she goes so she can get the most out of the program
GentleHeartsPA
by Lanie on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:26 PM
Absolutley :)

Quoting Stevensmomma: Get her on meds before she goes so she can get the most out of the program
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:28 PM

Possible brain injury. People with brain injury can be violent.

GentleHeartsPA
by Lanie on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:29 PM
She totally threw a tantrum and broke almost every one of their dishes!!

Is what im betting you want to hear...

But she is still there working on call.

Actually we all went for breakfast there this morning and the owner was joking around with her that if DD ordered her usual onion rings, she was going to make her cook them herself....

Sorry its not the response you want.

Quoting corticosteroid:

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:29 PM

I hope she gets the help she needs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:30 PM
Thats great news. Just take it one day at a time. Ignore the drunk, that one never has anything nice to say
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:31 PM
Why are you always so negative and mean?

Quoting corticosteroid:

GentleHeartsPA
by Lanie on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:33 PM
i find straight facts and her hearing answers that doesnt boost her ego shuts her up lol.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Thats great news. Just take it one day at a time. Ignore the drunk, that one never has anything nice to say
GentleHeartsPA
by Lanie on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:34 PM
Bullies are just people that dont like themselves or their lives and dont have the strength to make things better for themselves so they resort to putting others down to make themselves feel superior.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Why are you always so negative and mean?

Quoting corticosteroid:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)