Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Overreaction? Or justified?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I'M LIVID, my 13 yr old daughter spent spring break with my brother and his family. They live out in the country with a private driveway. So yesterday they had a BBQ and they bought a bunch of pop in glass bottles. My daughter accidentally dropped her bottle on the dirt driveway. My sil went off on her saying that she needs to use her common sense before she kills someone. She said that it was impossible to get every peice of glass picked up and that all it took was one little sliver to cause a tire to blow out. That her actions could lead to the deaths of their whole family. That her brother drives a bike and how would he feel if he had a blow out going,70 miles an hr and died, what did she think the family would do if someone died because of her stupidity. My daughter was extremely upset and nearly hysterical.

She called wanting to come home. My brother sees nothing wrong with how my sil handled it. I told them both that her comments were uncalled for. I said that he needs to get his wife into some kind of therapy and parenting classes. They have two children ages 3 and 6. I shudder to think what she says to them.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Mar. 18, 2017 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Holy crap. What a bitch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 1:39 PM
Your brother is the idiot for apparently doing 70 in his gravel driveway. Maybe your SIL should be yelling at him about being stupid and potentially killing someone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
That's insane! If a tiny piece of glass will blow out your tire you need new tires.
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Mar. 18, 2017 at 1:39 PM

Your SIL was way out of line.  She owes your daughter an apology, IMO, though I suspect your daughter will never get one from that neurotic.  Geez!

Sonia_R_1983
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 1:40 PM
If I was yelled at everytime I broke a glass... Well I'd be yelled at all day everyday. I'm clumsy as shit to the point where my best friend won't even let me carry a glass across the room.
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 1:42 PM
It was an accident. I'd pick my kid up.
happyflappy
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 1:45 PM
She sounds crazy! It was an accident and the whole world isn't going to come to an end because she dropped a glass. If it's that catastrophic she shouldn't have bought glass bottles anyway. My kid would be coming home.
kikibix
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 1:50 PM

I hope you explained to your dd that your SIL has serious issues and her behaviour and thought process is not normal. I think I would forever make fun of her and the situation. Watch out carrying that glass if Aunt so and so sees it she might think the house will blow up, etc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)