Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Odd man out? Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Really had no idea how to title this post.

We live in a pretty high COL area of a major town in a nice little suburb. It's a pretty homogeneous area despite the diverse ethnicities here. People dress a certain way, you see similar cars being driven, people behave a particular way… it is what it is.

I was at a high school sports event this morning with about 10 or 12 high schools from all over the area. There was one person that really stood out.... A father with face tattoos. I felt kind of bad for him because he was simply there to watch his child run and people would walk by and do a double take or walk by make comments in hushed tones afterwards.

Update.... saw tattooed high achoolrrs for the first time. I'm assuming they are seniors.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 3:00 PM
I don't care what anyone says or how hard they try to deny it... People with unnatural hair colors, a million piercing, tattoos on their faces and that sort of thing do that so that people WILL look at them. Look at me! Look at me! You don't tattoo your face to get people to STOP looking at you.
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 3:00 PM
As someone with tats (non on my face/neck) we're used to it. I worked in a very conservative field and people would stare at the ones that are visible, all of the time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay and... I mean you got a tatoo on his face pretty sure almost anywhere he'd go he'd get that reaction. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 4:34 PM
Update
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 4:38 PM

I've seen HS kids with tattoos, too... and they're not all seniors.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 4:40 PM
I never have until today

Quoting Anonymous 4:

I've seen HS kids with tattoos, too... and they're not all seniors.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 4:45 PM
I don't blame people for staring. Face tattoos are trashy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 4:47 PM
I think most would do a double take when one has a face tattoo. The economics of the area is irrelevant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 4:49 PM

they may not be my brother got a tattoo at 16 my mom had to sign for him. not sure if both parents or just she did. plus i know some teens stupidly do Tattoos at home. 

redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 4:52 PM

I would stare at face tattoos regardless of what the COL was. Its trashy and they are there to be looked at. I like to look at tattoos anyway if they are visible. I am sure he is used to it. Most people who get tattoos anywhere, let alone on their face, dont give a fu*k what others think.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)