Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to know what to do with ones life?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
I have SO many things I want to do with my life. How the heck do I do it all, and if I can't do it all, how the heck do I choose?
Here's all the things I want to do:
Be a travel nurse
Open a clothing store
Open a daycare
Open a lazer hair removal spa
Adopt a child

So I'm almost a nurse. I will be able to work in about a year. Then I will rent a room to save $ for 2 years and save $50 k doing that. I will then use that $ to put down on a house. All my debts will be paid as well. I will then be able to be a travel nurse (you need 2 years experience). But then when the heck will I have time to open my businesses!? And can I do all 3 of them!?

I know I'm time it will be clear what I can handle and what I cannot handle but I still like having a PLAN. I feel like I have to chose one thing over the other and I don't like that feeling.

Other goals I have are: to write a book, rent a garage out and make fairy houses, and take piano lessons again but those things are more like hobbies and are more flexible

Can anyone give any advice. Thanks.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:02 PM
Bump
Catherinesmom12
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:03 PM
Do you have kids?

They really hinder bucket list items. Some of yours are pretty big and $$
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:04 PM
Why on earth would you buy a house if you want to be a travel nurse?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:05 PM
My kids are grown but I want to adopt so that in itself can hinder all my other goals you know. I'm sort of at a loss on what to do about that and wonder if that means I have to chose one over the other. Business vs adopting or can I do both?

Quoting Catherinesmom12: Do you have kids?

They really hinder bucket list items. Some of yours are pretty big and $$
maliksmama2
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:06 PM
You can't plan life. It can change in a second and often goes in different directions. Just do what you love to do and try to work towards your goals, but you can't really plan everything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:08 PM
Well that's a good question. It's because I like the security of knowing I have a house/investment to come home to instead of come home from traveling and begin renting an apartment. I almost REFUSE to rent an apartment, its such a waste of $ to me when a mortgage cost the same amount. I also want to open my daycare in my home.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why on earth would you buy a house if you want to be a travel nurse?
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:08 PM

Okay well, nursing is a career that you have to get some experience in before you can be a travel nurse, so start by finishing school and getting some experience.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:09 PM
I am trying to work towards my goals, however how can I do that without planning them first? Do I have too many goals??

Quoting maliksmama2: You can't plan life. It can change in a second and often goes in different directions. Just do what you love to do and try to work towards your goals, but you can't really plan everything.
SelaCarsen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:09 PM
I like to pick a couple of things and learn to do them well. Sometimes there are things that sound cool, but the execution is not so great. Either you lose enthusiasm, or it ends up being something that's not one of your strengths. That's okay.

I can tell you that writing *a* book is a hobby. Writing books - plural - and publishing takes time and dedication. But it's so worth it.
jellybeanjean
by All the makeup on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah uh I'd cut back on the list lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)