Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did I handle this badly?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
Picked my SD up from school Thursday and a little while before bedtime she told me she thought she might need a shirt she left at her moms for something she was doing today (Saturday).

I have the flu and at that point was really not feeling well at all. So I told her find out if she really needs it. If not, she was going to have to do without because it was short notice.

Well I didn't hear anything else about it.

So Friday after we had already picked her up from school and were on our way to run an errand SD says "I found out I don't need that shirt."

I said "good because I'm still sick and your dad is tired so I'm glad we don't have to worry about it."

So then like an hour later we are pulling in the driveway at hike and SD leans over and whispers in my ear "I know I said I don't need that shirt but would it be too much trouble to go get it? I'd really like to have it."

So I look at DH and say "would it inconvenience you too much if let you out of the car and I ran SD over to her moms so she can grab her shirt? If it's not okay with you, she doesn't have to have it."

So DH slams the car into reverse without speaking and starts speeding off to BM's house.

Finally he says "I thought you picked SS up today."

He knew very well I had. SS was IN the car with us.

I said "yes, I did why."

"So why didn't you go get it then?"

(BM lives a block away from SS school.)

I said "well I didn't know for sure SD needed it."

DH says "yeah but you knew she MIGHT need it. So why didn't you go get it earlier when you knew it was my day off and I didn't want to spend it running?"

"Well I just didn't think of it. I wasn't sure she needed it so it wasn't on my radar."

DH then said something like "Yeah but you knew she might and just didn't bother. Why did you wait until it was an inconvenience to the whole family?"

I got mad and very sarcasticly said "because I'm WRONG."

And he laughed and said "yeah, this time you are."

So.... I didn't say anything else about it in the car because we had the kids with us and I didn't want them to hear us argue.

But I am sitting here waiting for SD to get home from her trip and I just gotta ask...

Was I wrong in the way I did that?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:16 PM
No. He's was an ass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:21 PM
He's the hole part

A sphincter

Quoting Anonymous 2: No. He's was an ass.
the_kids_mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope, not wrong. He's being a complete asshole. Isn't the child his? (You mentioned that she left it at BM's house, so I'm assuming that he's the father)....so he's not only being a dick to you, but to his DD too. What an ass!
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
He was wrong. He could have just said no. I would be done doing any favors for him. He can figure out crap for his kids.
readyforhim
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:34 PM
This is picking a fight for no reason - remind him his daughter asked to pick up a shirt and it bothered him. He was an idiot.

Inana
by Controversial on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:35 PM
He's an asshole.
merrysgirls
by Lame on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:37 PM
He's being an ass. It is HIS child.
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:37 PM

Honestly, I have a big mouth and Im snarky and sarcastic but I really can't imagine living such a volatile life.

iwilliams76
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:38 PM

No, he's an asshole.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:40 PM
He's a dickhead. If he's like this all the time you're a saint.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)