Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So really, you were thinking of yourself, not my baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I had my baby last Tuesday. I made it clear to friends and family that they were welcome to visit in the hospital but once home, I want a week just our family.

My mil said she couldn't come to the hospital because she was sick. But 24 hours later, she starts demanding to come over the house because we've come home and she wants to visit in our home. We asked her about her being sick and she said that she's already getting better but she didn't want to come to hospital because she was already sick and didn't want to get more sick. So basically the thought was not even don't be sick around the baby it was she didn't want to be sick in the hospital and possibly pick up something else. I definitely understand that but did she really think it was okay to come to my house sick? Now she's mad that she won't get to meet the baby till she is about 10 days old
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:39 PM
Bump
jjessers
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:40 PM
Oh well.
I wouldn't let her come either if she is sick.
LovingMyDaddy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:41 PM
Meh she will just have to get over it. Plain and simple.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:41 PM
She knew the rules, that's on her. It sounds like she feels entitled and I don't blame you for sticking to your rule.
iwilliams76
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:42 PM

Too bad for her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:42 PM
She's being an ass. Ignore her, smile and keep the door shut.
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh well. She'll get over it. She didn't plan on being sick, of course, but stuff happens. And in the big giant scheme of things, 10 days is nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:42 PM
I think it's pretty obvious you don't go to hospital to visit somebody who just had a baby when you are sick. But she's acting like she did awesome huge favor by staying away when in reality it wasn't about staying away from the baby while she was sick it was about stay away from the hospital while she was sick so she didn't get something else

Quoting Anonymous 3: She knew the rules, that's on her. It sounds like she feels entitled and I don't blame you for sticking to your rule.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:42 PM
I can't stand people like her. What kind of twat do you need to be to willingly expose a newborn to illness.
merrysgirls
by Lame on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:43 PM
Who cares what her motives are, rules are rules. Try not to analyze her motives and just enjoy your baby!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)