Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone here adopted?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:38 PM
  • 7 Replies
Tell me about it!

Through a private company or through county?
And how old were they?
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:39 PM
We adopted internationally almost 10 years ago. We used an agency as the government requires it as do other countries.
Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:44 PM

We were foster parents for 4 years, one of our foster children's mother passed, and we were asked if wanted to adopt her, and we did.

The second, we were part a foster support group and this wonderful older couple were fostering this one little girl, her mother had her rights removed, and they knew we were looking to adopt, we already knew the little girl, so it all worked out well.

now we have two precious little girls.

Our youngest, who we adopted first, she was 9 months old when we adopted her, our older girl who was actually adopted second, was 2.5 years old.

merrysgirls
by Lame on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:46 PM
We adopted our youngest through foster care. She moved in with us at 18 mos as a foster child and was adopted at age 3. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:46 PM
I've adopted two kids from foster care a sibling group. I had the oldest when she was 1 and many years later her sister when she was just born. Mom keeps having babies...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:48 PM
Are you looking to adopt? Good luck.

My sister and her husband adopted our nephew.
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:49 PM
My sister adopted one privately and 2 through the foster system. The private one was quicker, but more expensive, because BM immediately signed off but they needed an attorney.

The foster system ones took longer because they had to take parental rights from the birth parents through the court system. The kids were brother and sister. It was cheaper that way but the adoption wasn't finalized in court until the kids were 3 and 4 years old. They fostered the kids from the time they were infants...my niece was 5 months old when they got her, and my nephew, who's a year younger, was placed with them when he was a newborn. They had to deal with the foster system and parental visits while all of the process was going on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:04 PM
I adopted through foster care.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)