Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

38 lb 4 yr old in backless booster

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
So my husband was out shopping with our 4 yr old son and DH brother looking at booster seats. DH likes the backless boosters. He's is like " he's almost 40 lbs". This freaks the fuck out of me! He says our 4 yr old ( just turned 4 in Jan) doesn't fit in the boosters with a back. Ugh
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:51 PM

Mobile Photo

This is his carseat he is in right now. I would like to keep him in it as long as possible and then get the next SAFEST thing.
d.ksmom
by New Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:51 PM
Mine was still in a five point at that age. Show hubs some videos of what happens to small bodies in car crashes. That may change his mind.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:52 PM
I'm sure it won't. He is too stubborn. He's already like " how did you survive as a kid" blah blah blah

Quoting d.ksmom: Mine was still in a five point at that age. Show hubs some videos of what happens to small bodies in car crashes. That may change his mind.
othermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I have kids that are big for their age and they stayed in a 5 point harness till they were over 40lbs and a high back booster after that. My 7 year old is 4 ' 5"  at least.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:53 PM
He looks perfectly fine but his chest clip is too high, it should be level with the armpits.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:54 PM
He seems a little young for a backless booster. Look up the car seat laws in your state.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:55 PM
Well my 47 lb 3 ft 11 in 5 year old does so yours does. You can share that with him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:55 PM
Ive had to put my 4yr old in his brothers high back booster in rare occasions(his dad didnt leave me his seat)
But I would NOT have him in it much less a backless booster as a primary seat.
Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:56 PM
My girls are 6 and weigh 43lbs each. They are in highback boosters with seat belts. I'm keeping the backs on because they tend to fall asleep in the car and I don't feel they are safe leaning up against the door or slumping in their seat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:57 PM
That logic is flawed unless you were in a very serious car accident.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm sure it won't. He is too stubborn. He's already like " how did you survive as a kid" blah blah blah

Quoting d.ksmom: Mine was still in a five point at that age. Show hubs some videos of what happens to small bodies in car crashes. That may change his mind.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)