Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Salon haircut etiquette- ETA pics*update*

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:48 PM
  • 87 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

So, my husband wants me to go in a little while to get my haircut while he has time off(he worked a short day today but works tomorrow too). My question is, should I wash my hair before I go? It's been a day and a half since I washed my hair... The last time I washed it I did a co-wash, so it's a little filmy/oily, but not too bad I think. It doesn't smell or anything. Just has a little bit of an oily/filmy feel from ears up. But it is also difficult to comb out(and is heavy) if it's wet, so I'm not sure what is the best of both options.... Wash it and let the stylist struggle with combing it, or deal with somewhat oily hair?

It's been over a year since it's been cut... Nearly two. It's very very thick and down to my butt. So it really needs to be cut and thinned. I may be over thinking this. I just don't want to seem rude to the stylist :/

*They washed it for me, and thankfully whatever they used actually worked to help detangle(usually it doesn't help much so a lot gets ripped out). Sorry some of you thing my less than 2 day hair was "gross" 🙄*
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kgsharber
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:51 PM
That sounds disgusting. Wash your hair, please.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Just have the stylist wash it and do everything. :-)
K3412
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:52 PM
I would just leave it. Sometimes they want to cut it dry. Trust me, they've seen way worse. If they want to wash it, they will. They've always washed my hair before cutting it and I didn't go in with extremely dirty hair. In your case, I would just leave it.
TinkerToyMom
by Renee on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:52 PM
I always wash.
FreyaM
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I always have them wash my hair when I get my hair done. It's my favorite part.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:53 PM
Let them wash it but tell them it's hard to comb when is wet. The can put on a leave-in conditioner that will help the stylist comb an cut it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:53 PM
My stylist always washes mine
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:53 PM
I always wash my hair before a cut, but that's just me. Hopefully a stylist answers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:54 PM
Wash your hair first. That's GROSS!!!!!!Think of it this way would you want run your fingers through someone's dirty hair.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:54 PM
As long as it's not funky and goopy a stylist won't care. Just include a wash if it's not included.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)