Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what was your first opinion on abortion?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 276 Replies
2 moms liked this
When I was younger I considered myself pro choice but since having a baby and learning more about it, I'd consider myself more pro life.

I don't think it should be illegal but I think it's morally wrong.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:27 PM

It's the same as it was when I first realized what it was (as a young teen when Roe v Wade was making news).  It gives a woman freedom to NOT have a child if she doesn't want one.  That has not changed.  An early abortion is just cells to me.  And I've had 4 kids.

NVL0707
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:29 PM
Then you're still pro choice. I've always been pro choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I've seen pictures of aborted babies and it breaks my heart. But it's much worse if the child is abused, tortured and raped. Some people know they shouldn't be parents and it's better they abort. In a perfect world they should use protection, but we all know it's not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:29 PM
4 moms liked this
Even Roe realized it was wrong and spent the rest of her life on the pro life side.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

It's the same as it was when I first realized what it was (as a young teen when Roe v Wade was making news).  It gives a woman freedom to NOT have a child if she doesn't want one.  That has not changed.  An early abortion is just cells to me.  And I've had 4 kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:30 PM
2 moms liked this
I was raised Mennonite and very pro life.

As I have gotten older, had 3 children, read and done my own research I am pro choice.

Don't tell my very conservative Baptist DH, he is very strongly pro life. I just pretend to agree with him keep the peace.
Kiwismommy19
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:30 PM
I've always been prochoice.
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:30 PM
3 moms liked this
I was pro choice before having kids, and even more adamant about being pro choice after having kids. Even with a relatively easy pregnancy and birth, it's still not all that easy. No one should be forced to go through that against their will. I don't care what their reasons are for abortion, I support it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:31 PM

I was pro choice as a teen. I just didn't care what people did.  As a mother I am even more pro-choice than before. I don't feel like anyone should ever have to endure a pregnancy or raise a child unless they are absolutely ready for it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:31 PM
4 moms liked this
Pro life since birth havent changed my opinion. And i put my money wherr my mouth was. I was raped got pregnant and every damn docotor tried to get me to have an abortion. I threw a fit saying is this pro choice. Left and found a great supportive midwife.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Said very well. I completely agree.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I've seen pictures of aborted babies and it breaks my heart. But it's much worse if the child is abused, tortured and raped. Some people know they shouldn't be parents and it's better they abort. In a perfect world they should use protection, but we all know it's not.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)