Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you see a problem here?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:17 PM
  • 35 Replies
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:19 PM
5 moms liked this
No, all I see is a link I'm too lazy to click.
Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:19 PM

If this is in a public high school, I see a HUGE problem.  There is supposed to be a separation of church and state, and most towns cannot even display the 10 commandments, a nativity scene, or even have Christmas caroles in the winter concerts.  To dedicate a classroom for prayer in a public school is a slap in the face of the rules...for any religion.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:19 PM
No, I don't have a problem with prayer in school as long as it's student led and not mandatory.
StonesGirl66
by Alexandra on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too!

Quoting Danesmommy1: No, I don't have a problem with prayer in school as long as it's student lead and not mandatory.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:21 PM

I have a problem with ANY prayer being sanctioned in a public school.  The school (taypayers) are paying for this.

StonesGirl66
by Alexandra on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:23 PM
I would never tell any child tbey are forbidden to pray because of the building they're in. I don't care what religion it is.

Quoting Melissa_4:

If this is in a public high school, I see a HUGE problem.  There is supposed to be a separation of church and state, and most towns cannot even display the 10 commandments, a nativity scene, or even have Christmas caroles in the winter concerts.  To dedicate a classroom for prayer in a public school is a slap in the face of the rules...for any religion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly I don't see an issue with a prayer room as long as it includes anyone who wants to pray to their higher power. If it is only for students of one faith, that is where I would have a concern. The article wasn't very clear on that topic.
81Crystal
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't have a problem with it. No one is required to attend.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

If it is student led then it breaks no laws. 

Quoting Melissa_4:

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I have zero issues with this and commend them actually. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)