Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would like a movie recommendation please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Going to sit down with some wine and watch a movie. Possibly with my husband & 16-year-old daughter. Would love movie recommendations.

We are not into action movies or superhero movies. Husband is not a fan of horror.

We have most of the movie channels & Netflix.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:24 PM
Bump
strangeyfine
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:24 PM
I watched Captain Fantastic a little bit ago. it's based on a true story and is very good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:25 PM
Based on the true story of whom? By the title I would have thought it was a superhero movie

Quoting strangeyfine: I watched Captain Fantastic a little bit ago. it's based on a true story and is very good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:25 PM

World War Z.  

Who doesn't like a fun zombie movie?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:26 PM
LOLโ€ฆ I love a good zombie movie! And I did enjoy that one. I thought 'warm bodies' was kind of cute.

Hubby is absolutely not into that genre.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

World War Z.  

Who doesn't like a fun zombie movie?

strangeyfine
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:28 PM
Ben Cash (Viggo Mortensen), his wife Leslie and their six children live deep in the wilderness of Washington state. Isolated from society, Ben and Leslie devote their existence to raising their kids -- educating them to think critically, training them to be physically fit and athletic, guiding them in the wild without technology and demonstrating the beauty of co-existing with nature. When Leslie dies suddenly, Ben must take his sheltered offspring into the outside world for the first time.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Based on the true story of whom? By the title I would have thought it was a superhero movie

Quoting strangeyfine: I watched Captain Fantastic a little bit ago. it's based on a true story and is very good.
gingerfrog
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:28 PM

Here are some of my faves that aren't action or scary: Bean's Holiday, The Fountain, Toys, Night at the Museum, The Odd Life of Timothy Green, The Wedding Singer, Zookeeper, Defending Your Life, Coraline.

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:28 PM
"Step Brothers". I ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’› that movie.
Catherinesmom12
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:30 PM
Hot tub time machine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:33 PM
LoL.... sooooooo not my style. But hubs and dd love it!!

Quoting MichLW69: "Step Brothers". I ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’› that movie.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)