Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My house is a mess. Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Update: we finished the 160 sqft we set out to do. The kids got to help just a little. We are going to do the wood all the way through the kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room. Thank you to everyone that gave me some input.

Actually it's just under construction. I'm not good at marking these decisions though so if you could give some input I'd greatly appreciate it. We are planning new counter tops, backsplash, and putting in an island. The kitchen is very open to the living room however. So we are discussing a stone like tile or stone of some sort in the actual kitchen. The back door doesn't line up with the wall on the other side and going to the wall shortens the kitchen a bit. Otherwise we stood the wood at the back door and 3/4 of the way down the opposing wall. Sorry it's dark. I added a pic from when I put baseboards down yesterday to show the tile we are currently laying.

Oh in the first pic are the two lines in question as to where to change the tile.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:27 PM

Mobile Photo

The back door.
mary716
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:30 PM
I'm not good with this kind of stuff lol here's a bump and on that note, my house actually is a mess so I'm going to go clean now while the tiny tornado is in bed! Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:31 PM
Lol. This looks like the pictures of a house in my area that was up for sale recently.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:34 PM
How much did it go for? Lol. We've been here 4 years and we are slowly making changes.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Lol. This looks like the pictures of a house in my area that was up for sale recently.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:34 PM
I'd have the transition line up with the start of the door.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:38 PM
Yeah I have to clean the kitchen no. Lol.

Quoting mary716: I'm not good with this kind of stuff lol here's a bump and on that note, my house actually is a mess so I'm going to go clean now while the tiny tornado is in bed! Good luck!
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:43 PM

Honestly I would do the entire downstrairs the wood.  It looks so broken up and not cohesive to have different tile. 

A beautiful back splash would look amazing too. 

strtngovrmom
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:44 PM

blank staregood luck

Johnsmom5892
by Hope on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:54 PM
This

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Honestly I would do the entire downstrairs the wood.  It looks so broken up and not cohesive to have different tile. 

A beautiful back splash would look amazing too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:57 PM
I love the wood and would do it throughout
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)