Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can a person tell...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
...when it's time to get help with depression? I can't tell if it's a chemical imbalance or the crap I'm going through at this point, but a part of me is concerned while another. I started scaring myself when I told dh not to point the gun at me (he was just looking it over before he holstered it. He is licensed to carry) unless he was planning to use it. Kinda stunned him when I said that, but I'm to the point that I don't care if anything happens to me even I'd I won't actively hurt myself.

Should I go see a doctor over this?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:17 PM
Yes, go see a doctor immediately.
Sonia_R_1983
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:18 PM
Yes definitely see a doctor. I suffer from bipolar and PTSD, depression is a regular part of my life so if you need to talk feel free to pm me.
Glitch202
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:21 PM

Yeah, it is time to get help.  When you just stop caring about things, it is time to get help.hugs

Howardx5
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:24 PM
See a doctor. Regardless of the reason for the depression they can help you figure that out and help find solutions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:30 PM
I've written you.

Quoting Sonia_R_1983: Yes definitely see a doctor. I suffer from bipolar and PTSD, depression is a regular part of my life so if you need to talk feel free to pm me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:30 PM
DR's only care to push meds. I say go for a walk; try reconnecting to earth & spirit. You are the only one who can fix you; the only way out, is in. Not to dismiss your pain, but you need to do some soul searching.
TheLadyAmalthea
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:32 PM
Yep, time to see a doctor. I lived with depression for a couple of years until I started having mini mental breakdowns in the bathroom a few times a week. I'm on an antidepressant now, and I'm no longer crying and raging in the bathroom.
Catherinesmom12
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:33 PM
I had to run away high so I wouldn't come home low
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:33 PM
I completely agree with you, but I also know there comes a point where a person has to ask for help. I'm just not sure where that point is. I have two part time jobs that I love, and I also walk on occasion listening to music I love. My youngest graduates in two months, and I should be happy about that but find myself feeling old. The list goes on.

Quoting Anonymous 2: DR's only care to push meds. I say go for a walk; try reconnecting to earth & spirit. You are the only one who can fix you; the only way out, is in. Not to dismiss your pain, but you need to do some soul searching.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:36 PM
I dont think one comment necessarily means you're suicidal or even suffering from depression.

We all have bad days. When those bad days turn into weeks. When those bad days turn into hopeless days. When you start actively thinking about how you would kill yourself or when you can no longer see your future or at least not one you want to be in, those are signs you need help.

But of course you should see someone anytime you are concerned. You don't have to have a chemical imbalance or a diagnosed mental illness to need someone to talk to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)