Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday Party S/O ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

I have always found it tacky to invite someone to a party and make them pay but I keep getting suggestions to have my dd party at the local state park. They have a indoor play place and restaurant. I would pay everyone's entry to the playplace and provide food, but there is an entry fee to the park. I believe it's $5/car or $25/season pass. Is it terrible to have the guest pay entry to the park and us everything else? I would make guests aware on the invite. 

ETA-- it is a STATE park, not a skate park. My dd will be four, parents will attend as well. I feel the same way as y'all. But a couple people who have suggested I have her party here say just to have the guests pay their own entry to the park. Most already have a year pass but some don't. I wanted more opinions & that other post reminded me to ask the most judgemental group on earth. Thanks for your input. DDs birthday is not until fall so I still have quite a bit of time to decide what we are going to do.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:18 PM
See if you can pay for parking passes ahead of time and when people RSVP mail one out
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:19 PM
I wouldn't do it. It's very tacky to expect them to pay.
almburr
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:20 PM
I don't think she's talking about parking passes.

Quoting Anonymous 2: See if you can pay for parking passes ahead of time and when people RSVP mail one out
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:20 PM
I wouldn't ever expect my guests to pay for anything at a party. We always pay everything. I would find it tacky (and embarrassing) not to.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:20 PM
You should never make your guests pay for anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:21 PM
It's still tacky.
almburr
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:21 PM
I'd pay for all the invited kids entry to play place, into the park and food as you said.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:22 PM
Guests shouldn't be asked to pay for anything.
SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:22 PM
You never ask invited guests to pay for anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:23 PM
It is a state park, they need passes to get into the park, she said she was paying for the play place. What else would she mean?

Quoting almburr: I don't think she's talking about parking passes.

Quoting Anonymous 2: See if you can pay for parking passes ahead of time and when people RSVP mail one out
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)